In this article, we have shared the December 2020 security patch update for Galaxy Z Flip with build number F700FXXS3BTL7. The update is based on Android 10 and brings no major changes except security patches and bug fixes. This update is now live in the South American region.
It is started rolling to the South American region such as Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Trinidad, and Tobago, Panama, and Bolivia. The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. If you have a Galaxy Z Flip with variant SM-F700F, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to December 2020 with build number F700FXXS3BTL7.
Check Software Update on Galaxy Z Flip:
If you have not received the notification to upgrade your firmware to F700FXXS3BTL7, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new update, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy Z Flip and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy Z Flip.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip (SM-F700F)
- Region: South America
- Build Number: F700FXXS3BTL7
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-12-01
- Supported Countries: Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Trinidad, and Tobago, Panama, Bolivia
How to Install December 2020 Security Patch on Galaxy Z Flip
Before jumping into the firmware flashing process, ensure to check out the requirements, and download links. You’ll require to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware flash file, and drivers on your computer. Let’s take a look.
- This stock firmware (F700FXXS3BTL7) is only applicable to the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip model.
- Keep your device charged up to 50% to avoid occasional shut down during the firmware flashing process.
- A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable will require.
- Make sure to a full data backup before flashing the software on your device.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Do the manual flashing process at your own risk. Taking a full data backup is always recommended.
- F700FXXS3BTL7 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC
- ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy Z Flip stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve now successfully installed the latest December 2020 security patch (F700FXXS3BTL7) on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip device. Have some queries? Let us know in the comment section below.