On this page, we will share the October 2020 security patch for the Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G with build number F916U1UES1ATJ1 / F916U1UEU1BTJC. The update is live for the US Unlocked carriers like AT&T, Sprint, Nextech, Verizon, Xfinity, Comcast, Bluegrass Cellular, and Tracfone.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G:
You will get this software update on your Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G as an OTA (over the air). If you haven’t received it yet, then check for the OTA update manually by following this:
Settings > Software Update > Tap on Download and Install if you find the new build number F916U1UES1ATJ1 / F916U1UEU1BTJC.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G (US Unlocked).
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G (SM-F916U1)
- Region: USA
- Carriers: AT&T, Sprint, Nextech, Verizon, Xfinity, Comcast, Bluegrass Cellular, and Tracfone
- Build Number: F916U1UES1ATJ1 / F916U1UEU1BTJC
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-10-01
How to Install October 2020 Patch on Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G (US Unlocked)
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (F916U1UES1ATJ1 / F916U1UEU1BTJC) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G (US Unlocked).
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC
- Make sure to download the new firmware and move it to the desktop
- Open the ODIN and select the firmware file to flash it.
- To know the process, read our guide on how to flash Samsung firmware using Odin
- Also, check out our video tutorial.
I hope this guide was helpful to install the October 2020 security patch (F916U1UES1ATJ1 / F916U1UEU1BTJC) on Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G (US Unlocked).