Updated on October 13, 2020: Later AT&T too started rolling the same build number to Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G which brings the August 2020 patch.
In this article, we have shared the August 2020 security patch update for T-Mobile / Sprint Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G with build number F916USQU1ATHL. The update is based on Android 10 and brings no major changes except security patch and bug fixes. This update is now live in the USA region.
It is started rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. If you have a Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G with variant SM-F916U, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to August 2020 with build number F916USQU1ATHL.
Check Software Update on Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G:
If you have not received the notification to upgrade your firmware to F916USQU1ATHL, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new update, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your T-Mobile / Sprint Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G (SM-F916U)
- Region: USA
- Carrier: T-Mobile / Sprint
- Build Number: F916USQU1ATHL
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-08-01
How to Install August 2020 Patch on T-Mobile / Sprint Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G
In order to flash the firmware manually on your T-Mobile / Sprint Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (F916USQU1ATHL) is only supported for T-Mobile / Sprint Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the August 2020 Security patch for your T-Mobile / Sprint Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G model with build number F916USQU1ATHL. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.