February 2019 Security patch is live for Huawei Honor 9i with model no LLD-AL30. It is seeding over-the-air with the new build number based on Android 8.0 Oreo. You can grab the download link and install February 2019 Security for Honor 9i manually.
The latest update is rolling in phases. So, not everyone will get to have the software at the same time. With the new update, Huawei has fixed the security vulnerabilities at the kernel and system levels. Also, the current software update aims to resolve and improve the performance of the Huawei Honor 9i [LLD-AL30].
How to Check Software Update on Huawei Honor 9i
To check and download/install the February 2019 Security for Honor 9i. Follow the steps below.
Settings –> System –> System Update –> Check for Updates. If you see the update, then hit the download button to initiate the OTA download. The OTA update weighs around 65 MB. You can download and install them manually. Follow the installation guide for your convenience.
- Device Name: Huawei Honor 9i
- Model: LLD-AL30
- Security Patch Level: 01.02.2019
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Size : 1.7 GB
- Type: Full firmware image
- Status: Official
Integrates Google security patches released in February 2019 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei app updates, please visit the official Huawei website.
Download February 2019 Security for Honor 9i
- LLD-AL30C00B136 (22.214.171.124)
Steps to Install Firmware on Huawei Honor 9i
Before following the below guide on how to install firmware on Huawei Honor 9i, you need to follow certain requirements. Download the required files before flashing the firmware on your phone.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
- Supported Device: Huawei Honor 9i [LLD-AL30]
- What you need: You need to Activate the Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Required Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- Backup before upgrading: Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
- Charge before upgrading: Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.