In this article, we have shared the February 2021 security patch update for Galaxy Note 20 5G with build number N981BXXU1DUB5. The update is based on Android 11 and brings no major changes except security patches and bug fixes. This update is now live globally.
It is started rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. If you have a Galaxy Note 20 5G with variant SM-N981B, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to February 2021 with build number N981BXXU1DUB5.
Check Software Update on Galaxy Note 20 5G:
If you have not received the notification to upgrade your firmware to N981BXXU1DUB5, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new updates, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy Note 20 5G and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy Note 20 5G.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G (SM-N981B)
- Region: Global
- Build Number: N981BXXU1DUB5
- Android OS Version: Android 11
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-02-01
How to Install February 2021 Patch on Galaxy Note 20 5G
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Galaxy Note 20 5G device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (N981BXXU1DUB5) is only supported for Galaxy Note 20 5G.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
- Download the Samsung firmware file
- Extract the contents of the firmware flash file zip.
- Launch the ODIN application
- Load the firmware files in their appropriate section
- Once you have loaded, now connect your phone to the computer (make sure to boot your device into download mode)
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and installed or updated the February 2021 patch on the Galaxy Note 20 5G successfully. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comments below.