US Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G is now receiving the latest February 2021 patch with the software version N986U1UEU1DUB5 based on Android 11 Q. The update is currently live for the US unlocked carriers like Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, Tracfone, Virgin Mobile, Bluegrass, and Nextech. If you want to install the update, you can do this by following the guide below.
The latest February 2021 Security Patch brings the system security vulnerability fixes and improvements for the US unlocked Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G. As of now, the firmware update is waving via OTA Switzerland and will soon hit the rest of the European countries as well. So, if you can’t wait further, just download and install the update from this article using the requirements, download links, and step-by-step firmware installation guide.
Check OTA Update Manually
Due to the incremental OTA process, all users may not receive the firmware update at the same time. So, it’s better to check for OTA updates manually on your device in order to quickly install the firmware update.
However, if you haven’t received the OTA update yet, go to the phone Settings > System > System Updates. Now, tap on Check for Updates option to search for the available updates. If available, just grab it by downloading and installing it.
Keep in mind that the phone battery should be charged more than 60% and the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Model: SM-N986U1
- Region: USA
- Carriers: US Unlocked with Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, Tracfone, Virgin Mobile, Bluegrass, and Nextech
- Build Number: N986U1UEU1DUB5
- Android OS Version: Android 11
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-02-01
How to Install Stock Firmware on US Unlocked Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
If you’ve already made up your mind to install the firmware manually on your device, then follow the guide properly.
- This latest firmware version (N986U1UEU1DUB5) is exclusive to the US Unlocked Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G variant. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Maintain the phone battery level by more than 60%.
- You will need a PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Make sure to back up the device data completely.
Firmware Installation Guide
- Download the Samsung SM-N986U1 firmware file
- Extract the contents of the firmware flash file zip.
- Launch the ODIN application
- Load the firmware files in their appropriate section
- Once you have loaded, now connect your phone to the computer (make sure to boot your device into download mode)
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and installed or updated the February 2021 patch on the US Unlocked Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G successfully. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comments below.