Samsung smartphones are becoming very common these days. A lot of people all over the world use them. The good thing is you can find their devices in a very decent price range. One example is Galaxy A7 2017. Presently a very large number of people are using it across the globe. However, many users have reported a serious problem while using it and i.e. phone stopping with an error message “Unfortunately, Phone has stopped”. Here we will troubleshoot and Fix Your Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 with error message “Unfortunately, Phone has stopped”
It is quite true that this error message is one of the common issues in several A7 devices and users are not able to find a permanent solution to it. Many times it appears while performing some important tasks and can stop them too. Of course, it annoys the users. If you are also one of the users of this smartphone who is currently facing this issue, we are going to help you in this matter. In the post, we will unveil useful information on how to fix Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 that show error message “Unfortunately Phone has stopped”.
There are some users who call it a serious problem while some don’t. The fact is it’s not a big deal in most of the cases and you can simply troubleshoot the same. This message is displayed on the screen when the device app crashed due to an unknown reason. The troubleshooting procedure is very simple and thus you need not to worry about anything. In a few cases, it has been seen that Galaxy A7 2017 shows the symptoms of a huge firmware issue. Thus it cannot be perfectly said what this problem is all about.
The guide we have mentioned in this post assures simple and reliable solution. However, there are certain things you need to keep in your mind. The very first thing is to make sure your device is not suffering from any other problem at the same time. If you follow the procedure we have mentioned on a device with multiple problems, there are chances that things become worse. Thus avoid other issues from the phone in case it is having them.
It is also important to keep in your mind that in few cases the Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 has this issue due to malware that comes on the device when you enable third party application installation or when you frequently connect you’re your phone with other devices. Thus sometimes removing the app or cache data can simply avoid this problem. It is therefore suggested to you to perform this task before following the procedure we have mentioned. Keeping the phone up to date can help eliminate this problem up to a great extent. Also, most of the Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 that have reported facing this issue has been manufactured in 2017.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to fix your Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 with error message “Unfortunately, Phone has stopped”
How to fix your Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 with error message “Unfortunately, Phone has stopped”
Here I will guide you some of the methods in which you can fix the “Unfortunately, Phone has stopped” error on Galaxy A7 2017. So before moving to all the possible ways to fix the issue, let us first see if this error is due to any app. Recently we found out that “Unfortunately, Phone has stopped” error on 70% of the smartphone is due to application. So here is the solution to fix “Unfortunately, Phone has stopped” error on Samsung Galaxy A7 2017. Let us troubleshoot this problem on Samsung Galaxy A7 2017.
Step 1. Clear app cache and data
Clearing cache or data from an app on Galaxy A7 2017 can fix some software problems. If you clear data, any data stored in that app is lost, such as settings, login information, and saved games. If you don’t want to clear the data, try just clearing cache first. If you still experience problems, then clear data too.
To clear the cache and data for an app on Galaxy A7 2017, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap System settings.
- Tap Manage apps.
- If necessary, touch the screen and slide left to view the ‘ALL’ screen.
- Navigate to and select the application you want to clear.
- Tap Clear data.
- Tap Clear cache.
If the problem has solved then you don’t have to follow the below steps.
Step 2. Run your phone in safe mode
There might be a chance that your phone will get into problems even though if it is an out of the box product. It might be due to Corrupt files, hardware or software issues. In such cases, you can boot into the safe mood to see if the problem still persist. In safe mode, your Galaxy A7 2017 will turn on by disabling all the third-party apps and thereby you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem on Galaxy A7 2017.
Steps to Restart your Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 in Safe mode
Turn on and use safe mode
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
- When “SAMSUNG” appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
- Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.
Turn off safe mode
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Restart.
I hope this helped you to reboot your Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 in Safe mode. Well, Comment or send us an email for any kinda queries or doubts.
Step 3: Reboot your phone in Recovery mode and wipe cache partition on Galaxy A7 2017
There are certain small as well as crucial problems that one can solve by the wiping cache partition via the recovery mode. Actually, this process is advised to all android users especially if the firmware was updated. In this guide, we will guide you to Wipe the Cache Partition Galaxy A7 2017 via Recovery mode.
The goal of doing this is to be certain that all files and information are fresh and might flawlessly and easily run in the computer system. Additionally, through this process, the components inside your device will be powered up, therefore, if this only a firmware issue your phone will surely boot up.
Reasons to Wipe the Cache Partition Galaxy A7 2017:
There are several reasons you will need to wipe the cache partition in your Galaxy A7 2017.
- Rebooting Problem on Galaxy A7 2017
- Your phone is dead, and you are not able to reboot to recovery.
- Phone charging Icon does not show up while charging.
- In case if your Galaxy A7 2017 reboots automatically.
- Lags in certain things.
- Galaxy A7 Hang problem can be solved by this method.
Steps to wipe the cache partition Galaxy A7 2017:
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy A7 2017.
- Press and then hold the House and Volume UP keys, then press and hold the Power key.
- Whenever the Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 shows on display, release the Power key but continue holding the House and Volume keys up.
- As soon as the Android logo reveals, you might release both keys and leave the phone be around for approximately 30 to 60 minutes.
- Using the Volume Down key, navigate through the options and then highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
- Once highlighted, you might press the Power key to choose it.
- Next, highlight the option ‘Yes’ using the Volume Down key and press the Power button to choose this option.
- You have to wait until your phone is finished doing the Master Reset process. Once done, highlight ‘reboot system’ and press the Power key.
- The phone will now reboot more than normal.
But once you wipe the cache partition Galaxy A7 2017 and the phone still shows error message “Unfortunately, Phone has stopped”, then try the below last method which may fix your problem. In case if not, then you need to contact the service centre to fix this problem as it might be a hardware issue.
Step 4. Backup your files and data and then reset your Galaxy A7 2017
If none of the above methods fix your Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 with error message “Unfortunately, Phone has stopped”, then follow this data backup to reset your phone. This method will erase all your data. So take a complete backup by following this method.
- Back up all data on the internal memory to your PC/Laptop.
- Turn off your Galaxy A7 2017.
- Now Press and hold both Volume Up and Volume Down keys simultaneously.
- You can now press the Power key only until the phone vibrates once, then release only the Power key.
- Continue to hold the Volume up and Volume Down keys until you see the System Recovery screen appears.
- You can now navigate using Volume UP and Down button
- Now Press the Volume Down key to highlight wipe data/factory reset.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight Yes – Delete all user data.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Power key to reboot.
That’s it! Now your device will reboot and clean up your device. Once it has formatted your data and software, your phone OS will look like a complete OUT OF THE BOX experience. This troubleshooting step will fix the Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 with error message “Unfortunately, Phone has stopped”.
If it still shows the error message “Unfortunately, Phone has stopped” on Galaxy A7 2017 then, there is a big chance that a hardware problem triggered it. In this instance, you do not have a choice except to bring your phone to the closest store so that the technician can assess it. And since, this is not covered by warranty. Therefore, you will be the one to cover and purchase the components required for your Galaxy A7 2017.