If you have used Google Stadia before, then you might have seen the “Please check your connection” error frequently. This is one of the major problems most Google Stadia users face when they are trying to play games at high resolution. Today we will help you to troubleshoot this problem and fix this issue so that you can play games without any disturbance.
The newly introduced Google Stadia is a Cloud Gaming Service. If you are a gamer, then you must be well aware of the fact that to do some high-end gaming, you need to spend a lot on buying a good gaming console. By announcing Google Stadia, Google has made a revolution in the world of gaming. All you need is a proper internet connection. Moreover, it is expected to be capable of streaming 4k video games as well. You can access stadia via smartphone, smart TV using Chromecast and PC, or Laptop using Chrome browser.
How To Fix Please Check Your Connection Error On Google Stadia
Now, this issue is very common among Google Stadia users. Since the service runs for streaming 4K gaming @60 FPS, many people see the frame dropping and lagging issues. And after bearing it for a few minutes, your console would flash you with the message, and Please check your connection! If you have also encountered this, then don’t worry. The problem is not as severe as it looks. And it is easy to fix too, follow this troubleshooting guide to fix the issue.
- If you’re using Home/office Wifi, make sure to keep a distance of a maximum of 10 meters from the device.
- Check the wifi router configuration. It must be a 5GHz band connection instead of traditional 2.4 GHz bands. 5GHz bands are faster and secure and work best for Google Stadia services.
- Updated the Chrome browser, in case you’re using Stadia web services.
- Stop any third party downloads running on the connected wifi network
- Do not stream two games at once, as it might cause the error message to pop again.
- Disable 60Hz gameplay from the setting menu.
You might see the “Check Your Connection Error” frequently even after following this guide. This is due to a weak internet connection of your device. We recommend you to upgrade your internet services so that it can support Google Stadia gaming servers. And it might address temporary issues because of bad ping connectivity in your local area.
Also, make sure to read our tips to improve Google Stadia Controller connectivity
So this is how you can fix the connection error in Google Stadia. We know that this message can annoy some people since it pops out of nowhere when you are playing the game. The issue is because of low internet connectivity. And it would be a good idea to talk to your network service provider to choose a better high-speed plan to enjoy Google Stadia cloud gaming services.
- Install Google Stadia on any Android devices [Rooted Smartphones]
- How to Fix Slow game responses or degraded visual quality on Stadia
- Download Xtadia Xposed Module to Play Stadia on any Android device
- Enable Gaming Preferred Mode on Google Wifi or Nest Wifi for Smoother Stadia Streaming
- Cancel Your Google Stadia Subscription