Sling TV is a popular streaming television service that has been really good in serving content across all categories. However, it seems that some of the users are facing Sling Error 8-4612 while trying to use the service from their devices across all platforms like Windows, Android, iOS, smart TVs, smart dongles, etc. If you’re also facing the same problem, follow this guide.
Additionally, several users have reported on Reddit that they’re encountering connectivity issues over Wi-Fi to Sling. Although users can connect to the mobile data, it’s not expected at all. Even the forced app close, clearing the app data, signing out & signing back in doesn’t do the job. The main problem is that users are unable to get videos from the Sling server.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Sling Error 8-4612
It looks like that corrupted cache data or the corrupted Sling TV installation is somehow troubling to the users. There are some other possible reasons mentioned below that you can try to fix it.
1. Try Changing the Channel
It can also possible that you’re getting the specific error only in one particular channel. So, you can cross-check the issue by changing the channel to see if the error is still bothering you or not.
If the error still appears on all TV channels then make sure to follow the next method.
However, if other channels are working fine except for a single or couple of channels, then you should contact Sling TV Support for further assistance on it.
2. Force Close Sling TV
Well, force closing the Sling TV on your television is another great way to manually resolve the Sling Error 8-4612. As there are several devices that users can have to stream Sling TV, we’ve mentioned all of them.
A. Android TV:
- Open Settings from the Home Screen.
- Select App > Open the Sling TV app.
- Select the Force Stop button to close the application.
- Now, go back to the home screen and try re-launching the Sling TV app again.
B. Samsung TV:
- Open the Sling TV app > Press and hold the Back button on your remote until the home screen appears.
- It’ll force close the Sling TV app.
- Re-launch the Sling TV app to check for the issue.
C. Apple TV:
- Press the Home button on your remote two times.
- It’ll bring up the Recent Apps menu.
- Now, locate the Sling TV app > Swipe Up to force close it.
- Relaunch the app.
D. Android Smartphone
- Tap on device Settings.
- Go to Apps > Select All Apps.
- Open Sling TV > Tap on the Force Close button.
- Tap Yes to confirm.
- Re-launch the Sling TV app.
3. Perform a Power Cycle
According to a lot of affected users, performing a power cycle to the device can simply fix multiple issues whatsoever. It basically clears the system glitch, temporary cache data, etc to refresh the system. Whether you’re using Amazon Fire TV Sticks, Roku devices, smart TVs, or smartphones, it’s useful.
- First of all, turn off your TV and other connected streaming devices properly.
- Unplug the power cables too.
- Once the LED indicators turned off, make sure to disconnect the modem or Wi-Fi router.
- Now, wait for around a couple of seconds.
- Then reconnect the power cables and turn on the TV or other connected devices.
- Wait for the device to connect to the internet and re-launch the Sling TV app again to check if the Error 8-4612 has been fixed or not.
4. Reinstall Sling TV
Well, it seems that you’re still receiving the Sling Error 8-4612 even after performing the power cycle method, then you should try uninstalling and reinstalling the application properly on your respective device. We’ve shared the steps to perform the task on several devices very easily.
A. For Android:
- Tap and hold the Sling TV app from the home screen on your mobile device.
- Now, you’ll see a couple of options and select the Uninstall button from the list.
- Confirm the uninstallation process by selecting Yes.
- Once the uninstallation process is done, open the Google Play Store app.
- Make sure to reinstall the latest version of the Sling TV app.
- Now, try launching the Sling TV app and check for the issue again.
B. For Fire TV Stick:
- Open Settings from the Home page of your Fire TV Stick.
- Now, go to Applications > Select Manage Installed Application.
- Make sure to locate the Sling TV app from the list.
- Select Uninstall from the menu > Confirm the uninstallation process.
- Now, go to the store and search for the Sling TV app again.
- Install the app properly and launch it.
C. For Roku TV:
- Use the remote to select Sling TV from the home screen of the Roku interface.
- Now, go to the Remove Channel option from the menu.
- Confirm the process and let it finish.
- Once done, go back to the Channel Store and reinstall the Sling TV app.
- Finally, launch the Sling TV app and see if the problem has been fixed or not.
D. For Smart TVs:
- If you’re using the Android TV, bring up the main menu.
- Now, access the My Apps menu > Go to the Download Apps tab.
- Locate the Sling TV app > Select it to expand the menu and choose Uninstall.
- Once the app is uninstalled, go back to the My Apps menu again and search for the Sling TV app.
- Make sure to re-download the Sling TV app.
- Once installed, open the Sling TV app.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.