Internet problems are becoming quite common on the smartphones. There is nothing inaccurate to say that even some of the best devices have this issue on it. However, this doesn’t always mean that the smartphone is having major hardware problems. The most common reason for the internet not to work properly on your device is nothing but minor software glitches. Thus, taking appropriate action is not always a big deal. If you have already purchased the OnePlus 5T and are facing this issue, here I am going to show you how to fix slow internet problem on OnePlus 5T simply.
The OnePlus 5T is the latest flagship by OnePlus in the international market. It is quite true that this is a high-end device and is a successor of OnePlus 5. To fix the slow internet problem on OnePlus 5T, there is nothing you need to do. The procedure is simple if you pay close attention to everything. So here is the guide to help you in this matter.
Before doing anything, pay attention to the internet speed you have been assigned by your network provider. Of course, a 4G SIM has better internet speed than a 3G one. So first check the same. Next thing to pay attention to is whether you have consumed the bandwidth you are allowed to use daily. It is true that network providers often impose a limit on same even on unlimited internet connections. The most common factors that can be the reason for this issue are as follow.
- Browser is outdated
- Active apps in the background
- Poor strength of the signal
- Busy websites
- Network is already too busy
- Problem in Wi-Fi Antenna
- Outdated firmware on device
How to fix slow internet problem on OnePlus 5T
The very first thing that you can do to fix this issue is wiping the cache partition on your OnePlus 5T. There is nothing much you need to do for this, check out the below instructions.
- Simply reboot your device first
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down and let the device restart
- Release the power button when the OnePlus logo appears
- Use Volume buttons to go through the menu and locate Recovery mode
- Use Power button to select Recovery mode.
- Use volume keys in the Recovery menu and highlight Wipe Cache partition.
- Give permission to proceed.
Another method that will work for you is to perform the Hard Reset in case the problem still exists. To perform the same, instructions are given below. However, before you perform the same, don’t forget to take the data backup as all the data will be erased after this.
- For the hard factory reset, the first thing you need to do is booting your device into the recovery mode.
- After this, tap on the “English” option and then tap on Wipe Data and Cache option.
- You will see an option “Erase everything”, simply tap on it.
- A window will appear saying “this cannot be undone”. Click on it.
- Now just wait till your device perform the factory reset.
- Finally, tap on the Reboot option. This will bring your phone back into Android.
- That’s it! You have done the Factory Data reset on OnePlus 5T
So this is how you can fix slow internet problem on OnePlus 5T. In case the problem still exists, there might be a problem with the SIM card. Simply remove and reinsert it to check if the problem is gone. If not, make sure everything is OK from the network side and take your device to the authorized support center for OnePlus. Depending on the nature of the issue, you may get a replacement of your device.