The newly launched Streets of Rage 4 Beat ’em up game has already started giving a couple of errors to the Windows PC users. To be very precise, the Streets of Rage 4 error shows “Windows cannot find SOR4.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.” So, if you’re also experiencing the same issue, then you can follow the simple troubleshooting guide below on how to fix it.
Although there is no official announcement available yet by the developers, here we’ve some of the tricks for you that should work in most cases. The game is available for most of the popular platforms but the mentioned error seems to appear while launching the game on Windows mostly. If you’re also getting the same error even after reinstalling the game or verifying the game files, and more, then you should check this simple guide.
How to Fix Streets of Rage 4 Error Windows cannot find SOR4.exe?
So, check out a couple of easy to use tricks that have solved so many launching issues of most of the PC games.
1. Run the Game as an Administrator
- Launch the Steam client on your PC.
- Right-click on the Streets of Rage 4 game in the Steam Library.
- Go to Properties > Click on the Local Files tab.
- Click on Browse Local Files.
- Navigate to the Streets of Rage 4 game exe application file inside the x64 folder.
- Right-click on it > Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the checkbox ‘Run this program as an administrator’ to enable it.
- Finally, click on Apply to save changes and restart your computer.
- Once done, launch the game and check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
If not fixed, then follow the next method.
2. Run Steam as an Administrator
- Go to This PC (File Explorer) > Head over to the Steam installation directly (i,e C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam). If you’ve installed the Steam on any other drive, then do accordingly.
- Inside the Steam folder, right-click on the Steam exe application file.
- You will need to right-click on it > Click on Properties.
- Head over to the Compatibility tab.
- Select the checkbox ‘Run this program as an administrator’ > Click on Apply.
- Then reboot your PC.
Now, you can run the Streets of Rage 4 game and check for the error. If not solved yet, then follow the next one.
3. Turn Off Steam Overlay
- Launch Steam client > Click on the Settings menu.
- Select the In-Game tab.
- Here, just uncheck the tickbox of ‘Enable Steam Community while in-Game’.
- Next, click on OK and restart the PC.
- Finally, run the Steam again and launch the game.
We hope these methods will fix the launching error of your Streets of Rage 4 game. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.