Of the 21 lavishing and handy smartphone ranges of Motorola, Moto G5 set out in the market in February 2017. If you have bought this device and facing issue related to Moto G5 WiFi fix. Then you probably wondering how to fix WiFi issue on Moto G5.
Although, the device was able to seek the huge attention in the market by its range of exciting features. Some of them being:-
- The Budget smartphone (range starting @12,999) has 5.20-inch wide touch display featuring a resolution of 1920 by 1080 pixels.
- Powered by 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor with a 4GB of RAM.
- 32 GB Internal Memory and expandable up to 128 GB.
- Camera – 13MP Front and 5MP Rear.
- Features Android 7.0 and powered by 3000mAh non-removable battery lasting 9 hours.
- The dual sim also features a wide range of sensors including Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope
Despite these exciting features, few problems relating to Wi-Fi connectivity have been encountered in several cases leading to a big issue to the users of the device. Users complained of disruptions in mid in the Wi-Fi connectivity on their Moto G device.
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Moto G5S and G5S Plus
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery for Moto G5S Plus (Sanders)
But Sanderson worries around, this article solves all your problems relating to Wi-Fi connectivity of Moto G5. Following are the most suitable and recommended hacks to Moto G5 users to fix their Wi-Fi issues.
To Fix WiFi Issue on Moto G5, following points can be helpful for you:
1. Toggle Wi-Fi
Moto G users can toggle their Wi-Fi option.
Wi-Fi Direct allows the transfer of data between capable devices without the need of a Wireless Access Point (Hotspot) and is automatically enabled when Wi-Fi is turned on.
- From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon Apps icon > Settings icon > Wi-Fi
- Ensure the Wi-Fi switch (located in the upper-right) is Switched on
- Tap the Menu icon Menu (located in the upper-right)
- Tap Advanced
- Tap Wi-Fi Direct to scan or view peer devices.
When you are unable to connect wi-fi on your Moto G device, it may mean the strength of signals is not enough and you might have to check your signal indication on the device.
The user can try the following in this case:-
- Connecting to a different Wi-Fi network within range.
- Some networks are configured only to static IP addresses, the user should check with system admin for IP address assignments.
- If the error still persists apply Trouble-shooter or visit your nearby authorized dealer.
3. No Internet Connection
When there is absolutely no internet connectivity users should try the following:-
- Switch to a different URL or web address
- Reconnecting to the Wi-Fi Network
- Check if other Wi-Fi devices are working with the network and try reconnecting the Wi-Fi router and your Moto G device to the router.
4. Restart device
Sometimes the Wi-Fi issue just goes off with a restart of the device, it’s a viable option. Use the power button to switch off your device and again.
5. Reset Network setting
- This involves selection of your Wi-Fi network from the list and then clicking on forget to reset the network setting. However, if the user is connecting for the first time then skip this step.
- After this restart your Moto G device wait for few seconds and then reconnect to the Wi-Fi network.
6. Ensure internet access
The User in all cases should first ensure the internet access of the router that is being used as if there can also be internet connectivity issues with your Wi-Fi routers. Users can easily check this by testing other Wi-Fi devices to the network.
7. Recommended Updation
In most cases, it has been found that Wi-Fi issues have been resolved the updating the device software to the latest version.
If your device is still not updated and you are facing Wi-Fi connectivity issues on your device, try updating your software to the latest version and recheck the Wi-Fi connectivity.
8. Reset modem
- Even after trying the above-mentioned steps you are still facing the problem reset your modem to factory settings by pressing the reset button on the back of the modem.
- If the issue still persists ensure the problem is with your device by checking it into other Wi-Fi networks.
Now you know how to fix WiFi issue on Moto G5, one normally would find in this smartphone.
It is expected the bits of advice mentioned here in this article will be able to solve off all your Wi-Fi connectivity issues of your Moto G device. Now you can be fearless with your Moto G connectivity issues.
Any further queries or questions or suggestions would be welcomed in the comment section below.