Here in this guide, we will show you how to download and install the Flyme OS 7 on Meizu 16Xs smartphone. The guide to install the ROM zip file is easy. You can install via Meizu 16Xs recovery mode.
The Meizu 16Xs came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. Recently the Meizu rolled the latest version of Flyme OS 7 for most of their devices which bring new UI and customizations. Now you can download and install Flyme OS 7 on Meizu 16Xs.
In this guide, we will show you how to install the latest Flyme OS 7 on Meizu 16Xs smartphone. Meizu is one of the popular Chinese OEM with its very own operating system Flyme OS. Currently, Flyme OS 7 is based on Android 8.0 oreo is rolling for various Meizu devices. So, Meizu users can now install Flyme OS 7 Android Oreo on Meizu 16Xs which is the iteration of the ROM.
Meizu 16Xs is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 chipset coupled with 6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under FlyMe and backed by a 4000 mAh battery (Non-removable). As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Triple-camera setup with 48MP + 8MP + 5MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 16MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Meizu 16Xs come with a fingerprint sensor under display.
Table of Contents
Meizu 16Xs: Features and Highlights
Flyme OS 7 brings some really innovative new features to the Meizu devices. This includes smart recognition on the basis of age, skin, gender. It will also have smart ear protection that will adjust music volumes when the user uses a headphone. Again, Flyme 7 OS comes with AI anti-virus engine that automatically analyzes/ predicts and intercepts virus. The latest version of Flyme also brings smart caller ID and the trending face recognition feature. You can also check out the List of Meizu devices that will receive Flyme OS 7.
Download Firmware Here
Steps to Install Flyme OS 7 on Meizu 16Xs
Before heading towards the ROM flashing, you have to follow certain guidelines that we have put up below. There are two methods to install the Flyme OS 7 For Meizu 16Xs.
Stock Recovery Method:
In this method, you can directly install the Flyme OS 7 on your phone by using Stock Recovery.
- Ensure your Meizu 16Xs must be running on stock firmware.
- Your Meizu device should run previous firmware ie Flyme OS 6.3.0 to be eligible to update to latest Flyme OS 7.
- The firmware is exclusively for corresponding Meizu devices. Don’t use them on any other devices.
- Charge the battery of your device to at least 70% or more.
- Take a backup of your device in case there is any loss of data. Usually, no data loss happens in this process.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your device while/after installing this update.
Steps to Install Stock Recovery Method:
- First Download Flyme OS 7 ROM zip file for the Meizu 16Xs.
- Now move the ROM zip file to your device storage.
- Switch off your device > Press and hold the Volume+ button > press the power button
- Now your device will enter the upgrade mode.
- Select System upgrade > tap Start.
It will take some time for the flashing to complete. Wait until then.
Custom Recovery Method:
For this method, you need to unlock the bootloader on your phone and also you should have TWRP Recovery on Meizu 16Xs. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below method to install Flyme OS 7 on Meizu 16Xs using TWRP Recovery.
- This method is for Meizu 16Xs.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You need to download Meizu USB Drivers.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM which is running on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Meizu 16Xs
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps to install via TWRP Recovery:
You can simply follow the guide given in the link below. If TWRP is supported, then installation of Stock Meizu ROM is to be same as installing Custom ROM.
So, if you own a Meizu 16Xs device, then install the Flyme OS 7 and enjoy Android Oreo on your Meizu 16Xs. Let us know about your experience.
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Meizu 16Xs
- List of Meizu Devices Getting Flyme OS 7 With Face Unlock Feature
- Download Install Flyme OS 7 Android Oreo for Meizu Devices
- Lineage OS 16 : List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0)
- Download Install Android P 9.0 Generic System image (GSI) – Project Treble Device List