Good News for LG V20 users with LS997, VS995, H910 and F800L. Now you can Unlock Bootloader, Root and TWRP On LG V20. This only works with model number specified here LS997, VS995, H910 and F800L. Don’t try this on any other model such as International. Below is the full guide on How to Unlock Bootloader, Root and TWRP On LG V20. Follow the procedure carefully. If you follow the steps for Unlock Bootloader, Root and TWRP On LG V20, your device will gain root and an unlocked bootloader, with fastboot available. It is a somewhat involved process, but the majority of the process has been simplified as much as possible.
This guide is to Unlock Bootloader on LG V20 with model number LS997, VS995, H910 and F800L Smartphone. If you unlock bootloader you may void the warranty. By Unlocking Bootloader you can install TWRP, Flash Rooting Zip file or custom ROM on your phone. Read more What is unlocking below. Follow this guide on How to Unlock Bootloader, Root and TWRP On LG V20. Try this only on LG V20 with LS997, VS995, H910 and F800L smartphone. This method to unlock bootloader on LG V20 is simple to follow. But please do read the steps below carefully.
Remember – This method is to Unlock Bootloader on LG V20 with LS997, VS995, H910 and F800L, So read steps carefully.
Table of Contents
What is Unlock Bootloader ?
WARNING!!!!This replaces your current bootloader with a debug bootloader. If you attempt to lock this bootloader you may brick your device. AS OF RIGHT NOW THERE IS NO WAY TO REVERT TO STOCK! FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Once your phone is unlocked, it will no longer be covered by LG Warranty, Giveawaytricks or the developer @me2151. As we cannot guarantee the proper operation of our hardware with custom software, we are not able to maintain the full scope of warranty for your device after you have unlocked the bootloader.
Because of that we have a responsibility to let you know that defects which may result from, or were caused by custom device-software may not be covered by LG Warranty, Giveawaytricks or the developer @me2151.
AM&FM Radio no longer works
Boot time higher
No way to revert to stock
Comfort view does not seem to work on Sprint variant
Youtube will not work if you update. Do not update the youtube app. If you do go to apps and youtube and uninstall the update.
Possible overdose of root awesomeness!
Maybe more. Let us know!
– Verizon (VS995)
– Sprint (LS997)
– ATT (H910)
Note: International Variants (E.g.H990DS) May get supported in the future, but are currently being worked on at the moment. If you attempt to use this method on Unsupported Devices(any V20 not listed in working devices) then you are in uncharted territory. It will almost definitely brick your device. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will Loose warranty if you unlock bootloader
- Unlock Bootloader may wipe all your data, So make sure to Backup your Smartphone
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
What Do You need ?
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here
- Terminal Emulator
- Newest SuperSU(SuperSU v2.78 SR5 or greater is needed)
- LS997-deODEXd-signed.zip for Sprint users only. (Fix’s numerous problems)
Steps for How to Unlock Bootloader on LG V20 with LS997, VS995, H910 and F800L
- First of all download all the files given above from the Downloadable files.
- Extract the ADB Tool in your computer
- Now unzip the v20-root.zip file and paste it into your active ADB directory. Then copy and paste twrp-3.0.2-1-us996.img to your active ADB directory.
- In your V20 smartphone, download the Terminal Emulator app.
- Now connect your smartphone to your PC via USB cable and verify the ADB is working.
- Next step on your windows, run double-click “RUNMEFIRST.bat, DO NOT CLOSE THE LOG WINDOW THAT OPENS, then double-click “Step1.bat” (found inside the v-20 Root zip) On Linux/MacOS (“#” Signifies a comment below)
./RUNMEFIRST.sh # OR bash ./RUNMEFIRST.sh
- Open a Separate Terminal next to the RUNMEFIRST terminal, then type:
./Step1.sh # OR bash ./Step1.sh
- When you run The sh or Bat files there will be a Permission denied error on 2 files: Flatland and Flatland64. This is normal and nothing to worry about.
3.5) Wait for a shell prompt, then type (or copy):
run-as con chmod 0777 /storage/emulated/0/*
- In your smartphone, now open Terminal emulator app and type the following
- Check if context is “Untrusted_app”
- If it show”Untrusted_app” is displayed, Continue and Type the following into Terminal Emulator:
applypatch /system/bin/atd /storage/emulated/0/dirtysanta
- If it show any error or if it don’t show Untrusted app, then please follow the steps again from the beginning.
- Watch the RUNMEFIRST dialog for when it tells you to run Step2. Then;
On Windows, double-click “Step2.bat”
On Linux/MacOS, type:
./Step2.sh # OR Bash ./Step2.sh
- Once step 2 is completed, you’ll be in bootloader, procced to “Flashing TWRP” section to continue.Note/Warning: Verizon Users Vibrator will be constantly going off, until the whole process is complete (Past Android Setup Wizard).
How to Install TWRP on LG V20 with LS997, VS995, H910 and F800L
- Once you have successfully unlocked bootloader on LG V20, then install the TWRP Recovery on LG V20 with supported model LS997, VS995, H910 and F800L by running the step3 bat file from your V20 root folder and also flash a working boot.img (Fix’s screen problem)
On Windows, double-click “Step3.bat”On Linux/MacOS, type:
./Step3.sh # OR Bash ./Step3.sh
- If you get message saying <waiting for device> on Step3.bat then you do not have the fastboot drivers installed(you may have the program but not the drivers).
To fix: Go to your device manager while the device is connected in fasboot and right click the item that says Android and select update drivers. Then select from internet. and let it install the drivers then try step3.bat again.
- After you’re rebooted, and back at the main lockscreen, type;
adb reboot recovery
- *******SPRINT ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sprint users will have a constant phone app crash. You should still have adb access. if you DO NOT have adb access after this step boot into the bootloader(remove battery then reinsert and hold VOL- and plug phone in) and type:
fastboot erase system fastboot reboot
- Your device will reboot to an LG screen. Keep checking adb devices for your device. Now type the following command
adb reboot recovery
- Device should display a red triangle and say corrupt, then it will boot into TWRP.
- Once in TWRP, Press Cancel on the password prompt and then swipe to allow system modifications.
Note:If you wish to make a back up now, you MUST save it to your SD card, and you cannot backup the data partition.
After the backup is complete, return to the main menu and hit wipe then select ?Format Data?, and follow the instructions there.
- Steps below will differ, depending on what model you have, choose the correct model and follow its method.
Verizon(VS995) and ATT(H910):
4.1) Flash SuperSU.zip
4.2) Go back to Main-menu > Wipe > [Format Data] > Type ?Yes?
4.3) Go back to Wipe > Advanced > Check Dalvik, Data and Cache > Slide to wipe
4.4) Go back to Main-menu > Reboot > System
4.1) Go to Wipe > Advanced > Check Dalvik, System, Data and Cache > Slide to wipe
4.2) Go back to Wipe > [Format Data] > Type ?Yes?
4.3) Go back to Main menu > Install > LS997-deODEXd-signed.zip then Flash SuperSU.zip
4.4) Go back to Main-menu > Reboot > System
Note:Any following Instructions are for all devices again.
- During reboot you will get a Red Triangle with a “!” inside, this is normal (First boot after flashing SuperSu will show the Red triangle twice.Wait for system to boot (this will take awhile). It may appear like the system has frozen but it has not. JUST WAIT!
It has come to my attention that some users have encountered abnormally long first boot time(over 20 minutes before first time setup)
To resolve this issue:
Boot into bootloader by pulling the battery and reinserting it and holding VOL- and phugging in the phone. then typing:
fastboot flash boot boot2.img fastboot reboot
If you encounter a “Secure Boot” Password then booting the first time you did not Format data properly.
To reiterate: To properly decrypt the device you need to boot into TWRP and go to WIPE->FORMAT DATA and you will be prompted to type “yes” to format and decrypt.
Once you are booted and have proceeded through the setup wizard, re-enable Android Debugging (ADB) if not already enabled.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once inside bootloader, Type:
fastboot flash boot boot2.img
- When it says finished, Type:
- The device will boot back into system.WARNING:This is a required step, it prevents background crashes and fix’s battery drain. If you do NOT follow this then the device will have bad battery life, be laggy and crashes will occur regularly.
- Once full booted back into android, Type;
adb reboot recovery
- Once TWRP loads, Then;
– Flash SuperSU.zip
– Go back to Wipe > Advanced > Check Dalvik and Cache > Slide to wipe
– Go back to Main-menu > Reboot > SystemYou now should have a rooted LG v20, download your favorite root checker app and verify root.
Note:For a root app to work, it will have to support Systemless root.