Samsung has been very punctual with its software updates this month. It started rolling out the December 2019 security patch for various of its devices. In that course, the Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G570F) is also receiving the fresh software update for the month of December. The update is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo-based software for the Galaxy S7 Edge in the Indian region with build number G570FDDU2CSL1 / G570FXXU2CSL2. Users will receive this update gradually due to the phased rollout of OTA.
Otherwise, those users who do not like to wait for the update can manually install the software update on their Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone. We have put up the firmware zip file and a detailed installation guide that will help you to flash the new G570FDDU2CSL1 / G570FXXU2CSL2 software.
Table of Contents
Check for OTA Update
As we mentioned, as the OTA update moves automatically, it may happen that some users int he region may miss the update. They may not receive it for weeks. So, it’s better to search for the update manually.
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the G570FDDU2CSL1 / G570FXXU2CSL2 update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
To download the software update fast, use Wi-Fi to download the update. Before downloading the update, charge your device up to 50% or more. Your device will not allow you to install the new software if the battery is very low.
Also, if you do not succeed in capturing the OTA manually, then the next option is to install the firmware file that packs the December 2019 Android patch. First, let’s check out the details of the firmware.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G570F)
- Region: India
- Build number: G570FDDU2CSL1 / G570FXXU2CSL2
- Android OS Version: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Security Patch Level: 2019-12-01
How to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
You have to use the Odin tool to install the stock firmware on your Galaxy S7 Edge. Also, make sure to have the correct Samsung USB drivers with you. We have put up the download links to all the important tools in the next section.
- This firmware zip file and this tutorial is exclusive for Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G570F).
- Don’t install the firmware file provided here on other Samsung smartphones.
- Charge up the phone battery to 50% to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- A PC and a USB Cable
- Make sure to take a complete backup(non-root method) of your device data before installing it.
- Enter your device into the Samsung Download Mode as well.