Samsung started seeding the April 2020 security patch update to Galaxy J7 Prime with build number G610FDDS1CTE3 based on Android 8.1 Oreo. It is live currently in South Asia regions. If you have a Galaxy J7 Prime (SM-G610F variant), you can easily download and install the new version by following the guide below.
Talking about the changelog, the update only brings the latest April 2020 Android Security Patch Level for the Galaxy J7 Prime model that improves the system security and fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. So, it’s highly recommended to install this update for better security enhancements. So, either you can wait for the OTA update notification or you can check for it manually.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update (OTA)
Samsung always roll-out firmware OTA updates in a phased manner and it’s quite possible that not all the users may receive the update at the same time. So, the incremental update process can take a couple of days or more. Now, if you don’t want to wait further, then you can manually check for the OTA update on your handset via Settings > System > System updates.
If there is a new update available, then simply download and install it. Ensure that your device battery is charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network for faster & stable downloads. Still, not getting the OTA update notification? Don’t worry! We have shared the steps and requirements to manually flash the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime using the ODIN tool.
[note color=”yellow” title_tag=”h2″ title=”Firmware Details: G610FDDS1CTE3″]
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime (SM-G610F)
- Region: South Asia
- Build Number: G610FDDS1CTE3
- Android OS Version: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-04-01
How to Install Firmware on Galaxy J7 Prime
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G610FDDS1CTE3) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
[note color=”red” title_tag=”p” title=”Disclaimer:”]GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Proceed at your own risk.[/note]
[note color=”green” title_tag=”h3″ title=”Download Links:”]
- G610FDDS1CTE3 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide: G610FDDS1CTE3
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
[su_button url=”https://www.getdroidtips.com/flash-firmware-samsung-odin-downloader/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#700aab” color=”#ffffff” size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: book” icon_color=”#ffffff”]How to install stock firmware on Galaxy J7 Prime using ODIN tool[/su_button]
So, make sure to download the April 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy J7 Prime model with build number G610FDDS1CTE3. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.
[su_box box_color=”” title=”Popular posts:”]
- Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Supported device [One UI 2.0 device list]
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported Samsung Galaxy device
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Samsung Galaxy Android 11 Supported Device Tracker: What’s new in One UI 3.0