Today Verizon started rolling update for the Galaxy Xcover Pro model that bumps up a new software version G715USQS7AUA1 based on Android 10. As the update is live in the USA region, all the interested Galaxy Xcover Pro (Verizon variant) users can easily download and install the new version by following the guide below.
Talking about the changelog, the update brings January 2021 Android Security Patch Level. This update also improves the system security and fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. So, it’s highly recommended to install this update for better security enhancements. So, either you can wait for the OTA update notification or you can check for it manually
Table of Contents
Check Software Update (OTA)
Samsung always roll-out firmware OTA updates in a phased manner and it’s quite possible that not all the users may receive the update at the same time. So, the incremental update process can take a couple of days or more. Now, if you don’t want to wait further, then you can manually check for the OTA update on your handset via Settings > System > System updates.
If there is a new update available, then simply download and install it. Ensure that your device battery is charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network for faster & stable downloads. Still, not getting the OTA update notification? Don’t worry! We have shared the steps and requirements to manually flash the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro using the ODIN tool.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro (SM-G715U)
- Region: USA
- Carriers: Verizon
- Build Number: G715USQS7AUA1
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-02-01
How to Install Firmware on Verizon Galaxy Xcover Pro
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Verizon Galaxy Xcover Pro device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G715USQS7AUA1) is only supported for Verizon Galaxy Xcover Pro.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select theGalaxy Xcover Pro stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
So, make sure to download the January 2021 Security patch for your Verizon Galaxy Xcover Pro model with build number G715USQS7AUA1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.