Samsung in Canada started seeding the May 2020 security patch to Galaxy Xcover Pro with build version G715WVLS2ATE2 based on Android 10. The update is now live for the Canada carriers Bell, Virgin Mobile, Videotron, Rogers, Sasktel, Telus, Fido Mobile, and more. You can follow this guide to install the update manually on your device using ODIN.
The update is rolling via OTA (over the air) for users which brings nothing major changes except security patch. A new security patch for May 2020 month fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. So, it’s highly recommended to install this update for better security enhancements. So, either you can wait for the OTA update notification or you can check for it manually on your device.
If you have not received the new build number (G715WVLS2ATE2) on your Canada Galaxy Xcover Pro, then manually check for the OTA update before upgrading your device using the ODIN tool. To check for the May patch or latest update, simply go into Settings > System > System updates.
Before hitting the download button, make sure to charge your phone and connect your device to a good WiFi or Internet network. Carrier charges may be applicable.
Firmware Details: G715WVLS2ATE2
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro
- Model: SM-G715W
- Region: Canada
- Carriers: Bell, Virgin Mobile, Videotron, Rogers, Sasktel, Telus, Fido Mobile
- Build Number: G715WVLS2ATE2
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-05-01
Table of Contents
How to Flash Stock ROM on Canada Galaxy Xcover Pro using ODIN
To install the firmware manually, you can simply download the required firmware, tools, and drivers on your computer before following the instruction guide link.
- This firmware (G715WVLS2ATE2) is only supported for Canada Galaxy Xcover Pro.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy Xcover Pro using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the May 2020 Security patch for your Canada Galaxy Xcover Pro model with build number G715WVLS2ATE2. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.