On this page, we will share the February 2021 security patch for the Galaxy S20 FE with build number G780FXXS2BUA5. The update is live globally.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy S20 FE:
You will get this software update on your Galaxy S20 FE as an OTA (over the air). If you haven’t received it yet, then check for the OTA update manually by following this:
Settings > Software Update > Tap on Download and Install if you find the new build number G780FXXS2BUA5.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy S20 FE and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy S20 FE.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (SM-G780F)
- Region: Global
- Build Number: G780FXXS2BUA5
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-02-01
How to Install February 2021 Patch on Galaxy S20 FE
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S20 FE device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G780FXXS2BUA5) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC
- Make sure to download the new firmware and move it to the desktop
- Open the ODIN and select the firmware file to flash it.
- To know the process, read our guide on how to flash Samsung firmware using Odin
- Also, check out our video tutorial.
I hope this guide was helpful to install the February 2021 security patch (G780FXXS2BUA5) on Galaxy S20 FE.