Samsung is pushing more devices to receive the latest Google Security Patch for the month April. Today Samsung has started Seeding the latest April Security Patch for Galaxy Alpha running Android Lollipop. The update has started to roll out as we speak. The latest OTA comes with build number G850FXXU2CQD2 for Galaxy Alpha. If you are running the Stock Lollipop on Galaxy Alpha, then you will receive the notification anytime soon on your device. The update is sent via OTA (Over the air) to all Galaxy Alpha in Phase wise manner.
The latest build G850FXXU2CQD2 comes with April Security Patch, fixes several bugs and improves the stability and performance of the device. The update is still based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Now you can enjoy the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for Galaxy Alpha SM- G850F by following the below step by step guide to flash latest April Security Lollipop ROM on Galaxy Alpha G850F.
Upgrade to Nougat Here : Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy Alpha.
As of now, this is an incremental update with latest April Security patch for Galaxy Alpha. So make sure to update to keep your device safe with April Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android. (Recommended).
Flash G850FXXU2CQD2 April Security Lollipop For Galaxy Alpha G850F
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Samsung Galaxy Alpha, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Lollipop G850FXXU2CQD2 For Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Galaxy Alpha to April Security Patch based Lollipop manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Galaxy Alpha G850F to Lollipop OTA update.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy Alpha G850F.
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy Alpha
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy Alpha
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Galaxy Alpha
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Galaxy Alpha
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Galaxy Alpha
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest April Security Patch update G850FXXU2CQD2 on Galaxy Alpha G850F.
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To April Security Patch Update
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE or
- Download and Install the SamsungUSB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Click to download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
- Remember : This guide is to Install April Secuity Patch update on Galaxy Alpha G850F (G850FXXU2CQD2).
- Your device must have 70% Of battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data).
- You need to Enter Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.