The South-Korean tech giant Samsung has started rolling out the latest June 2020 Security Patch for Galaxy A9 Star (Asia) that bumps up a new software version G885FDXU3CTF3 based on Android 10 (One UI 2.0). To be very specific, the update is live in Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Vietnam. All the interested users can easily download and install the update manually by following this guide.
The particular firmware update is rolling out via OTA in an incremental manner that offers the system security vulnerability fix that could enable a remote attacker to harm the system and user data. However, there is no additional feature or improvement included in this update. Either you can check for the OTA update on your phone or manually flash the firmware update by following the steps below.
In order to check the software OTA update, you can head over to the device Settings > Software update > Download updates manually. If available, download and install it by using the Wi-Fi connection. Make sure to charge your phone at least up to 50%.
Firmware Info: G885FDXU3CTF3
- Model Name: Samsung Galaxy A9 Star
- Model Number: SM-G885F
- Region: Asia
- Build Number: G885FDXU3CTF3
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-06-01
- Supported Country: Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Vietnam
How to Flash June 2020 Security Patch on Galaxy A9 Star
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy A9 Star device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This ROM supports only on Samsung Galaxy A9 Star Asian variants.
- To avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process, make sure to charge it at least 50% or more
- To install this, you need a PC or Laptop with original or genuine USB Cable
- To avoid losing your data, we always recommend taking a complete backup.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the June 2020 Security Patch for the Galaxy A9 Star installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy A9 Star using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the June 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy A9 Star model with build number G885FDXU3CTF3. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.