Last time we had shared the the release of March Security Patch for AT&T Galaxy S6 Active based on Android Marshmallow. Today we will guide on How to install the official AT&T firmware based on Android 7.0 Nougat on AT&T Galaxy S6 Active. The flashing process is simple and easy. To flash G890AUCU6DQD1 Nougat on AT&T Galaxy S6 Active, you need ODIN sofware or tool, So before proceeding further on How to install, you can first check our article about ODIN tool.
AT&T has rolled the latest Android 7.0 Nougat Beta for AT&T Galaxy S6 Active. This update comes with software version of G890AUCU6DQD1. You can install the firmware using our simple guide on How to flash Nougat on AT&T Galaxy S6 Active. This update is a beta test of Android Nougat for AT&T Galaxy S6 Active.
As we know this new update is one of the sweetest update from Google up till now with it’s latest features like Multi tasking, Split screen, Vulcan API, Notification redesign, Quick Reply etc. The latest update for AT&T Galaxy S6 Active will receive the latest build G890AUCU6DQD1 based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The new Stock Android Nougat comes with all Nougat features including the feature from Samsung’s own. Now you can enjoy Android 7.0 Nougat on AT&T Galaxy S6 Active.
In this guide we have included two beta files which comes with Android Nougat with Beta 3 and Beta 4. You need to flash the G890AUCU5DQB8 full firmware Beta 3 and then flash the G890AUCU6DQD1 Beta 4 firmware on AT&T Galaxy S6 Active.
Table of Contents
What’s In Android 7.0 Nougat And Features ?
Android 7.0 Nougat is the new iteration of Google’s new Android Operating System after Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Thew new OS Android 7.0 has started rolling out from many smartphone manufacturers lately. It is loaded with many features which are not in Android 6.0. This release is Google’s 7th major version of the Android operating system. Google released the Android Nougat first in Beta build to all Nexus and Pixel device. It came out officially on August 22, 2016.
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
ALSO RELATED POST :
- How to change boot animation on rooted android!!
- How to port Android O Pixel Launcher on Any Phone!!
- How to Install any Android APK on Android O? (external source)!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Download and Install Android O Pixel Launcher on Your Android!!
- How to install Android O developer preview!!!
- How to Fix Google Play Authentication is Required Error!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- Remember : This guide is to Install Stock G890AUCU6DQD1 Android Nougat update on AT&T Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A .
- Your device must have 70% Of battery
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data)
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE or
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
Steps For How To Install Stock G890AUCU6DQD1 Android Nougat on AT&T Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A .
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.11.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator
- Now Reboot your Phone into Download Mode
- So First Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons Until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Extract the stock firmware from the zip file and load in ODIN. Just click on the BL button then select the files starting with “BL_”. Then click the AP button and choose the file starting with “AP_”, same with the buttons CP and CSC:
BL Button loads BL_G890AUCU5CPK3_CL9696102_QB11587784_REV02_user_low _ship.tar.md5
AP Button loads AP_G890AUCU5CPK3_CL9696102_QB11587784_REV02_user_low _ship.tar.md5
CP Button loads CP_G890AUCU5CPK3_CL9696102_QB11587784_REV02_user_low _ship.tar.md5
CSC Button loads CSC_ATT_G890AATT5CPK3_CL9696102_QB11587784_REV02_user _low_ship.tar.md5
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
That’s ALL! After you flash Nougat Beta 3 G890AUCU5DQB8 on Galaxy S6 Active, You can again flash Nougat Beta 3 G890AUCU6DQD1. This will upgrade the version to latest version Android Nougat. Enjoy Android Nougat Beta on AT&T Galaxy S6 Active.