Today Samsung USA started rolling the new update for the Galaxy S8 Active on Sprint which brings the October Security patch level. It comes with a build number labeled as G892USQS7CTJ4 and based on Android 9.0 Pie.
If you are looking for this build and still not received, then you can upgrade to this manually by following our guide.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Sprint Galaxy S8 Active:
You will get this software update on your Galaxy S8 Active as an OTA (over the air). If you haven’t received it yet, then check for the OTA update manually by following this:
Settings > Software Update > Tap on Download and Install if you find the new build number G892USQS7CTJ4.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy S8 Active and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy S8 Active (Sprint).
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S8 Active (SM-G892U)
- Region: USA
- Carriers: Sprint
- Build Number: G892USQS7CTJ4
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-10-01
How to Install October 2020 Patch on Galaxy S8 Active (Sprint)
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S8 Active device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G892USQS7CTJ4) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S8 Active (Sprint).
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC
- Make sure to download the new firmware and move it to the desktop
- Open the ODIN and select the firmware file to flash it.
- To know the process, read our guide on how to flash Samsung firmware using Odin
- Also, check out our video tutorial.
I hope this guide was helpful to install the October 2020 security patch (G892USQS7CTJ4) on Galaxy S8 Active (Sprint).