Samsung started seeding a new firmware update with build number G900FXXU1CQG1 for Samsung Galaxy S5. This new update brings the latest July Security Patch Update for Samsung Galaxy S5. The update is rolling out via OTA (Over The Air) update for few users starting today. G900FXXU1CQG1. If you are running the Stock ROM without any root, then you may receive the update on your phone anytime soon. The update is sent in Phase wise manner to all the Galaxy S5 users.
Along with the July Security Patch Update on Samsung Galaxy S5, the update also brings many improvements and other regular bug fixes. This new OTA update is still based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. In case if you have the update notification of the latest firmware G900FXXU1CQG1 on Samsung Galaxy S5. Make sure you have enough storage space, Stable and fast Wi-Fi connection, and also charge your phone to atleast 50% of battery. Once you have all this, you can hit the download button to start upgrading your phone. As this OTA is all about July Security Patch, it shouldn’t take long for it to download. So make sure to Backup your device before downloading and upgrading G900FXXU1CQG1 July Security Marshmallow For Galaxy S5.
Upgrade to latest Lineage OS Here: Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy S5
This update is an incremental update with latest July Security Patch Update on Samsung Galaxy S5. So we recommend to update your device safe with July Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
Flash G900FXXU1CQG1 July Security Marshmallow For Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Samsung Galaxy S5, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Marshmallow G900FXXU1CQG1 For Samsung Galaxy S5.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow . If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to July Security Patch based Marshmallow manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F to Marshmallow OTA update.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy S5 G900F .
What’s in Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and features ?
Android 6.0 Marshmallow was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 5.0 Lollipop. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2015. This is the eighth major version of the Android operating system. This has a huge incremental and feature on this update. IT brings you a feature which saves a lot of battery on your phone called Doze mode. This feature will keep your phone idle while you dont use the phone. Marshmallow primarily focuses on improving the overall user experience of Lollipop, and introduced unique features like Now On Tap, new permissions architecture, a new power management system, Native Fingerprint support, and other internal changes.
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S5
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy S5
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Galaxy S5
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Galaxy S5
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Galaxy S5
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest July Security Patch update G900FXXU1CQG1 on Galaxy S5 G900F.
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To July Security Patch Update
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software: CLICK HERE
- Download and Install the SamsungUSB Drivers: CLICK HERE
- Click to Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
- Remember: This guide is to Install July Security Patch Update on Galaxy S5 G900F (G900FXXU1CQG1 ).
- Your device must have 70% Battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data)
- You need to Enter Download Mode
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
I hope you followed the above full guide link to install July Security Patch Marshmallow on Galaxy S5 manually. If any queries or feedbacks, please write comment to us.