Today Verizon started seeding a new firmware update for Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V. The update comes with build number G900VVRU2DQI2 with August/Blueborne Security Patch for Verizon Galaxy S5. Along with this update, Verizon also added fixed the Bluetooth connectivity bug, other regular bug fixes and optimized for performance and stability. The firmware is still based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Want to upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo, then here is the officially Supported device which will receive Oreo Update. If your device is not in the list, then don’t worry! Click Here to find the list of the device which will receive Lineage OS 15.0 based on Android Oreo.
In this latest security maintenance, Verizon has fixed 12 vulnerabilities in Samsung’s own software and also included the fix from Google’s own security update with more than two dozen Android OS vulnerabilities. Along with August Security Patch for Verizon Galaxy S5, this build G900VVRU2DQI2 also carries the regular bug fixes and improvements to the current OS. The update has been sent via OTA (Over the air) for all the Verizon Galaxy S5 users who are running Stock ROM without any root or mods installed. This OTA will work only on any stock firmware based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
If you are looking to safeguard your phone’s personal data and information from malware, then we recommend installing the G900VVRU2DQI2 August Security Update For Verizon Galaxy S5. If you are running the Stock ROM without any root, then you may receive the update on your phone anytime soon. The update is sent in a Phase wise manner to all the Galaxy S5 users. If you have received the OTA update on your phone notification with build number G900VVRU2DQI2. Before you download, Please make sure you have enough storage space, Stable and fast Wi-Fi connection, and also charge your phone to at least 50% of battery. Once you have all this, you can hit the download button to start upgrading your phone. As this OTA is all about August Security Patch, it shouldn’t take long for it to download. So make sure to Backup your device before downloading and upgrading G900VVRU2DQI2 August Security Patch For Verizon Galaxy S5.
This update is an incremental update with latest August Security Patch Update. So we recommend to update your device safe with August Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
Table of Contents
Flash G900VVRU2DQI2 August/Blueborne Security Patch For Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Samsung Galaxy S5, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Marshmallow G900VVRU2DQI2 For Samsung Galaxy S5.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Verizon Galaxy S5 to August Security Patch based Marshmallow manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Verizon Galaxy S5 to Marshmallow OTA update.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy S5.
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S5
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy S5
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Galaxy S5
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Galaxy S5
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Galaxy S5
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest August Security Patch update G900VVRU2DQI2 on Verizon Galaxy S5.
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To August Security Patch Update.
Download ODIN and Drivers:
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software: CLICK HERE.
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers: CLICK HERE.
- Click to Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop: CLICK HERE.
- Remember: This guide is to Install August Security Patch Update on Verizon Galaxy S5 (G900VVRU2DQI2 ).
- Your device must have 70% Battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
I hope you followed the above full guide link to install August Security Patch Marshmallow on Galaxy S5 manually. If any queries or feedbacks, please write comment to us.