Updated on May 12, 2017 : Updated the link version G920FXXU5EQD3 March Security patch for Galaxy S6 for : South Africa, Kenya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Libya Arab Jamahiriya, Israel, Cellcom, and United Arab Emirates
If you own a Galaxy S6, then here is a minor update of Android 7.0 Nougat. Today Samsung has started seeding a new firmware update for Galaxy S6. The latest OTA comes with build number G920FXXU5EQD3 for Galaxy S6. If you are running the Stock Nougat Rom on Samsung Galaxy S6, then you will receive the notification anytime soon on your device. The update is sent via OTA (Over the air) to all Galaxy S6 in Phase wise manner.
The latest build G920FXXU5EQD3 comes with March Security Patch, fixes several bugs and improves the stability and performance of the device. The update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat. Now you can enjoy the latest Android 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy S6 SM-G920F by following the below step by step guide to flash latest March Security Nougat ROM on Galaxy S6 G920F.
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Samsung Galaxy S6, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Nougat G920FXXU5EQD3 For Galaxy S6.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Galaxy S6 to March Security Patch based Nougat manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Galaxy S6 G920F to Nougat OTA update.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy S6 G920F.
Table of Contents
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on your Device
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on your Device
- Check Out All Stock ROM and Custom ROM for Galaxy S6
- How to Install MIUI 8 on your Device
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on your Device
- Remember : This guide is to Install March Secuity Patch update on Galaxy S6 G920F (G920FXXU5EQD3).
- Your device must have 70% Of battery
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data)
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE or
- Download and Install the SamsungUSB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
Added Firmware for South Africa, Kenya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Libya Arab Jamahiriya, Israel, Cellcom, and United Arab Emirates
Steps For How To Install G920FXXU5EQD3 Stock Nougat for Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F .
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.11.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator
- Now Reboot your Phone into Download Mode
- So First Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons Until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Now Go back again Odin and Add the firmware which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
That’s ALL! When you restart your Phone , Your Galaxy S6 G920F to March Security Patch Update G920FXXU5EQD3 update. Enjoy!