Today T-Mobile started seeding the latest Google Security Patch level for January 2018 on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. The update comes with software build version G920TUVS6FRA3 and G925TUVS6FRA3. Along with January 2018 Security Patch, the update also fixes Meltdown and Spectre security threats, and various system improvements and bug fixes. The software is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
The update is currently rolling via OTA for users in T-Mobile carriers in the USA. You must be on Stock Firmware to receive this official update. If you are rooted, then you are not eligible for upgrading to the latest OS via OTA.
In case if you have already received the update with build number G920TUVS6FRA3 and G925TUVS6FRA3, then hit the download button to start the upgrade process. If not received, then check for the update manually by following the steps below.
How to Update Software on T-Mobile Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge manually?
Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone. You can tap the option titled “Download Updates Manually”. If the update is not available, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any modified firmware.
Before proceeding to download, make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you have enough storage to download and install the latest update on T-Mobile Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading January Security Patch for Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. As this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
Steps to Install G920TUVS6FRA3 and G925TUVS6FRA3 January 2018 Security
In case if you have received the download link to the firmwares G920TUVS6FRA3 and G925TUVS6FRA3, then you can simply follow our guide to install manually. If not, you can download the full firmware download link and install it via ODIN Software.
Please note, before following manual setup, you should read the pre-requisites carefully.
Download FirmwareDownload T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Firmware [OTA Zip File] Download T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge Firmware [OTA Zip File]
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software, firmware and drivers on your PC.
DOWNLOAD ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly.
- GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any bricking/damage to your device.
You May Also Like:
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices
So, that’s about it. Install the latest firmware and do let us know if you have any queries.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all latest firmware updates and downloads for all Samsung smartphones.