Today Verizon started rolling the latest Android Security Patch update for Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge running Android 7.0 Nougat. This update has nothing major except the December 2017 Security Patch for Verizon Galaxy S6/S6 Edge. The software on both the device will upgrade to G920VVRU4DQL1 (S6) and G925VVRU4DQL1 (S6Edge) and it is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
Currently, the update is rolling as we speak. It is rolling via OTA (Over the air) for users running Android 7.0 Stock firmware. If you have received the update, then click on the Download button start upgrading the OS to G920VVRU4DQL1 and G925VVRU4DQL1 on Verizon Galaxy S6/S6 edge.
The update brings the December Security Patch for both the device along with regular bug fixes and improvements. If you have not received the OTA update on your device, then don’t panic! You can simply follow the below instructions to update Verizon Galaxy S6/S6 Edge to the latest version.
How to Update Software on Verizon Galaxy S6/S6 Edge manually?
Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone. You can tap the option titled “Download Updates Manually”. If the update is not available, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any modified firmware.
Before proceeding to download, make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you have enough storage to download and install the latest update on Verizon Galaxy S6/S6 Edge SM-G920V. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading December Security Patch for Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge. As this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
Table of Contents
Steps to Install G920VVRU4DQL1 and G925VVRU4DQL1 December Security Patch for Verizon Galaxy S6/S6 Edge manually:
Still not received the update, then don’t worry. The update is available to download and install using latest ODIN Software. Here we will share the full download of G920VVRU4DQL1 and G925VVRU4DQL1 December Security Patch for Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. Follow below guide:
Required Download FILES
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software, firmware and drivers on your PC.
DOWNLOAD ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Check out this link to see if your phone will support Android 8.0 Oreo.
Samsung announced the list of Samsung devices updating to Android 8.0 Oreo.
If your phone model is not on the official device list, then you need not worry! Here is the list of Supported device to receive Lineage OS 15 based on Android Oreo.
You can also install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy J3 Mission by following the steps given here.
Check Related Post:
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices