Today Samsung started rolling the July Security Patch update for Galaxy S6 Edge with build number G925FXXU5EQG5. The Android version is still based on 7.0 Nougat. If you are looking to safeguard your phone’s personal data and information from malware, then we recommend to install the G925FXXU5EQG5 July Security Update For Galaxy S6 Edge.
The update is rolling out via OTA (Over The Air) update for few users starting today. G925FXXU5EQG5. If you are running the Stock ROM without any root, then you may receive the update on your phone anytime soon. The update is sent in a Phase wise manner to all the Galaxy S6 Edge users.
With the July Security Patch update, Samsung also updated the firmware with regular bug fixes and other improvements in the performance and stability. If you have received the OTA update on your phone notification with build number G925FXXU5EQG5. Before you download, Please make sure you have enough storage space, Stable and fast Wi-Fi connection, and also charge your phone to at least 50% of battery. Once you have all this, you can hit the download button to start upgrading your phone. As this OTA is all about July Security Patch, it shouldn’t take long for it to download. So make sure to Backup your device before downloading and upgrading G925FXXU5EQG5 July Security Patch For Galaxy S6 Edge.
Upgrade to Nougat Here: Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge
As of now, this is an incremental update with latest July Security patch for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. So make sure to update to keep your device safe with July Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android. (Recommended).
Table of Contents
Flash G925FXXU5EQG5 July Security Nougat For Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, then you can either check for the update manually, or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Nougat G925FXXU5EQG5 For Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update, then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to July Security Patch based Nougat manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F to Nougat OTA update.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy S6 Edge G925F.
ALSO RELATED POST :
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Galaxy S6 Edge
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest July Security Patch update G925FXXU5EQG5 on Galaxy S6 Edge G925F.
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To July Security Patch Update
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED:
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software: CLICK HERE or
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers: CLICK HERE
- Click to download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop: CLICK HERE
- Remember: This guide is to Install July Security Patch update on Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F (G925FXXU5EQG5).
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data)
- You need to Enter Download Mode.
- Ensure that you have followed the steps correctly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.