Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (SM-G925F) is currently receiving the G925FXXU5ERAJ January 2018 security patch. Although we are in the first week of February, the device still sticks to the January patch. Apart from the security level, this update brings stability improvements, performance enhancement etc. It also brings regular bug fixes. We also expect the G925FXXU5ERAJ January 2018 security patch Resolves Meltdown and specter security threats.
This update brings the firmware build number G925FXXU5ERAJ to the Indian variants of Galaxy S6 Edge. It is weighing 114.77 MB. This Android OS update is rolling in Indian region as of now. In due time it will roll all over the globe. The update is rolling over the air and it is sent in a phase-wise manner. To receive this OTA, you must be running Stock firmware without root. You can even flash the full firmware package from below download link even if you are rooted or installed any custom ROM.
Table of Contents
Changelog: Galaxy S6 Edge G925FXXU5ERAJ January 2018 Security Patch – G925F
This software doesn’t really bring any major update as such. Just the basic fix-ups and improvements for the Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Fixes the bugs
- Device stability improvement
- new and enhanced features
- Resolves Meltdown and spectre security threats
Download Galaxy S6 Edge G925FXXU5ERAJ January 2018 Security Patch
You can download the OTA in two ways. Either you manually capture the airborne OTA or manually install the OTA firmware. Before proceeding to download, your phone must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you have enough storage to download and install the latest G925FXXU5ERAJ January 2018 security patch. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it as it is a big update.
To manually capture the OTA,
- Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
- Tap on Check for software updates
- If the said update is rolling then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install that.
Here is the OTA firmware for the latest update which you can download from the link below.
How To Install G925FXXU5ERAJ January 2018 Security Patch
Before proceeding with the manual flashing,
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This OTA is exclusively for Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Do not use this firmware on other Samsung devices.
- GetDroidTips is not responsible for any damage to your device while installing this Update.
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Now make sure you have all the necessary tools to flash the latest OTA for Galaxy S6 Edge.
Follow this link to install the latest January Security Patch On Galaxy S6 Edge Using Odin Tool.
So, that’s it. You can wait for the OTA to roll or you may manually flash the update by grabbing the firmware. Follow the tutorial carefully. If you have any queries let us know through comments.
Follow GetDroidTips to download the latest firmware updates for all Samsung smartphones.