Today Sprint started sending a new update to its Galaxy S6 Edge. The update comes with Google’s latest May Security Patch Update on Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge in US Variant. The update has started to rolling out as we speak to all the users running stock android firmware. The latest OTA comes with build number G925PVPS4DQE2 for Galaxy S6 Edge. If you are running the Stock ROM on Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge, then you will receive the notification anytime soon on your device. The update is sent via OTA (Over the air) to all Galaxy S6 Edge in Phase wise manner.
Along with the May Security Nougat on Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge, Bug fixes and other various bug fix and improvements. The update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat. Now you can enjoy the latest May Security Nougat on Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge SM- G925P by following the below step by step guide to flash latest May Security Nougat ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P.
Upgrade to Nougat Here : Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge
As of now, this is an incremental update with latest May Security Nougat on Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge. So make sure to update to keep your device safe with May Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android. (Recommended).
Table of Contents
Flash G925PVPS4DQE2 May Security Nougat For Galaxy S6 Edge US G925P
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Nougat G925PVPS4DQE2 For Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge to May Security Patch based Nougat manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge G925P to Nougat OTA update.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P.
What’s in Android 7.0 Nougat and features ?
Android 7.0 Nougat is the new iteration of Google’s new Android Operating System after Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Thew new OS Android 7.0 has started rolling out from many smartphone manufacturers lately. It is loaded with many features which are not in Android 6.0. This release is Google’s 7th major version of the Android operating system. Google released the Android Nougat first in Beta build to all Nexus and Pixel device. It came out officially on August 22, 2016.
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Galaxy S6 Edge
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest May Security Patch update G925PVPS4DQE2 on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P.
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To May Security Nougat on Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE or
- Download and Install the SamsungUSB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Click to download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
- Remember : This guide is to Install May Secuity Patch update on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P (G925PVPS4DQE2).
- Your device must have 70% Of battery
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data)
- You need to Enter Download Mode
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.