Last updated on December 13th, 2018 at 03:14 pm
T-Mobile rolled the latest Google Security Patch update for March 2018 with build number G925TUVS6FRC1 for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with model SM-G925T. The update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat and currently rolling via OTA for US T-Mobile carrier. With this update, T-Mobile has fixed critical vulnerabilities that were discovered in the AndroidOS aside from countless moderate-risk and high-risk vulnerabilities. As per the record, Samsung also fixed their own software vulnerabilities.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge features a 5.1-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core Exynos 7420 Octa coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64/128GB internal memory. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge comes with 16MP rear camera and 5MP front shooting camera with dual video call, Auto HDR. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge runs on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop out of the box which can be later upgradable to Android 7.0 Nougat and a Non-removable Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery.
The rollout is gradual, it may take some time to reach every user around the globe. So you can either wait for the software update to hit your phone or you can manually upgrade your phone to this latest build G925TUVS6FRC1 using our manual guide.
If you are running Stock ROM with roots or mods, then your OTA update may fail. You can manually upgrade to G925TUVS6FRC1 build on T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge (SM-G925T) by following the below instructions to upgrade via ODIN Downloader.
Still not received the OTA update? Then follow the below instruction to check for new OTA update on your phone.
How to Check Software Update on T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925T?
- In your phone, tap the Menu Key > Open Settings > Tap on About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. Once the download complete, your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK.That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]Before proceeding to download, T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also to install this update, make sure you have enough storage on your device to complete the installation process. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading March 2018 Security for Galaxy S6 Edge (SM-G925T). As this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
Steps to Install G925TUVS6FRC1 on T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge manually:Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge.
Required ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy S6 Edge
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to G925TUVS6FRC1 on Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925T.
I hope this guide was helpful to install a new software update on your device.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices