Verizon today started rolling the latest update with build number G928VVRS3CQI3 for Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. This update comes with another security patch for the month of October 2017. In this October Security Patch, Verizon also fixed the Blueborne Vulnebrities fix. Along with this update, they have also fixed the regular bugs and improved the system stability and performance.
What’s Blueborne Virus?
BlueBorne is a new virus which is been attacked on any smartphone wirelessly through Bluetooth. If your Bluetooth is on, then this virus doesn’t require to interact in any way, nor does it require them to pair their devices with the malicious one. It happens completely in the background which allows the hacker to gain access to a device or a network in order to carry out their mischievous work. To know more Check Our Complete detailed study of Blueborne Virus
Check Out the List of Samsung devices to receive Android 8.0 Oreo. If your device is not there, then upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo via Custom ROM. Here is the list of Supported devices which will get Lineage OS 15.
As already mentioned, the October Security Patch for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus has started rolling out via OTA (Over the Air) update, you will get this latest update if you haven’t rooted your device. The update is sent in a phase-wise manner. We recommend you to install this Security Patch update which fixes the security malware and bugs. In case if you have received the update, then hit the download button to start updating your phone to latest security patch.
Before proceeding with anything, make sure your device has enough storage space in it and it must have at least 50% battery. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. You can now start downloading to upgrade October/Blueborne Security patch on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus As this update is based on Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
In case you haven’t received the same, you can simply check for the update manually to get October Security Patch for Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928V. Check out the below steps for October/Blueborne Security patch based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
This update is an incremental update with latest October/Blueborne Security Patch Update. So we recommend to update your device safe with October Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
Flash G928VVRS3CQI3 October Security Nougat For Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928V
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Nougat G928VVRS3CQI3 For Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to October Security Patch based Nougat manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to Nougat OTA update.
However, in case if you still have not received the same, then you can follow our guide to install G928VVRS3CQI3 by flashing the firmware using ODIN software. For this, you are going to help you in this matter. Continue reading this post to know how to update your device.
ALSO RELATED POST :
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- How to install Android Oreo Update on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.0 for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
Update Via Verizon Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest October Security Patch update G928VVRS3CQI3 on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To October Security Patch Update.
Download Drivers and ODIN:
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software: CLICK HERE.
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers: CLICK HERE.
- Click to Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop: CLICK HERE.
- Remember: This guide is to Install October Security Patch Update on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928V (G928VVRS3CQI3).
- Your device must have 70% Battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
I hope you followed the above full guide link to install October Security Patch Nougat on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus manually. If any queries or feedback, please write a comment to us.