Today Verizon Wireless started rolling the new firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928V. The update brings the latest February 2018 Security along with bug fixes and performance and stability improvement. The update is labeled with software version G928VVRS3CRB2. This is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
About the specifications, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus features a 5.7 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4. The smartphone is powered by Exynos 7420 Octa SoC coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB or 64GB internal memory. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus comes with 16MP rear Camera and 5MP front shooting camera. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box with a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery.
The update is seeding via OTA for all Verizon users with Stock firmware. You are not eligible to upgrade via OTA if you have rooted your device. So kindly unroot your phone to enjoy the seamless update. If not, then you can manually upgrade your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to G928VVRS3CRB2 February Security Patch.
In case if you have already received the update with build number G928VVRS3CRB2, then hit the download button to start the upgrade process. If not received, then check for the update manually by following the steps below.
How to Update G928VVRS3CRB2 Software on Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus manually?
Go to device Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone. You can tap the option titled “Download Updates Manually”. If the update is not available, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any modified firmware.
Before proceeding to download, make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you have enough storage to download and install the latest G928VVRS3CRB2 update on Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928V. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading February Security Patch for SamsungGalaxy S6 Edge Plus.
Steps to Install G928VVRS3CRB2 February 2018 Security
In case if you have received the download link to the firmware G928VVRS3CRB2, then you can simply follow our guide to install manually.
Download G928VVRS3CRB2 Firmware HereDownload January Patch: G928VVRS3CRA1
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software, firmware and drivers on your PC.
DOWNLOAD ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your device.
Also, you may like to Check Popular Post:
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices
So, that’s it. Install the latest Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928VVRS3CRB2 update from Verizon. The latest patch will fortify your device against all latest security vulnerability.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all latest firmware updates for Samsung Galaxy series smartphones.