Verizon has started rolling the next security patch for their Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. Yes, the update of June Security patch is live for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. The build number bumps to G928VVRS3CRF1 which brings a bunch of security fixes from Google, along with certain Samsung-specific patches as well. The baseband version G928VVRS3CRF1 weighs around 325 MB in size which is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The update also fixes a couple of bugs and improves the performance and stability.
The update is rolling the over the air and will soon hit every smartphone running on the SM-G928V variant. Here you can follow our instructions on how to check the latest software update manually on Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. If you have the OTA update on Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, then hit the download to upgrade your device to G928VVRS3CRF1 June 2018 Security Patch. It is always good to keep your device on the latest software update. In case if you still not received the build G928VVRS3CRF1, then make sure to check for the software update manually on Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
About the specifications, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ features a 5.7 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4. The smartphone is powered by Exynos 7420 Octa SoC coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB or 64GB internal memory. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ comes with 16MP rear Camera and 5MP front shooting camera. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box with a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery.
We recommend you to upgrade your Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to the latest security patch to keep safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus.
How to Check Software Update on Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus?
- Go to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If you find any new software update on Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, you can hit the Download now button to start upgrading. Wait till the download process completes and your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software update on Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
[su_note note_color=”#fcf8d7″ text_color=”#000000″]If you are manually downloading the latest G928VVRS3CRF1 June 2018 security patch then hang on to a strong Wi-Fi network. This will help you save your carrier data. Also, keep your phone battery on ample charge. If there is a low power, no update can take place. Alternatively, you can also manually download and install the OTA firmware on Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus using ODIN Software. [/su_note]
- Release date: June 28, 2018
- Android version: 7.0
- Security patch level (SPL): June 1, 2018
- Build number: NRD90M.G928VVRS3CRF1
- File size: 21MB