Verizon started rolling the Android’s Security patch level to July 2018. The update is now live for Verizon Galaxy S6 edge plus [SM-G928V]. The software version for Verizon Galaxy S6 edge plus accompanied with G928VVRS3CRG1 which also brings a couple of other improvements and fixes. The baseband version weighs around 192MB in size which is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
The update is rolling them over the air for Verizon Galaxy S6 edge plus users with variant SM-G928V. If you have not received, then you can follow our instructions on how to check the latest software update manually on Verizon Galaxy S6 edge plus [SM-G928V]. If you have the OTA update, then hit the download to upgrade your device to G928VVRS3CRG1 July 2018 Security Patch. It is always good to keep your device on the latest software update. In case if you still not received the OTA, then make sure to check for the software update manually on Verizon Galaxy S6 edge plus (SM-G928V).
We recommend you to upgrade your Verizon Galaxy S6 edge plus to the latest security patch to keep safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus.
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy S6 edge plus?
You can download it over the air by tapping the Download updates manually option in the Software update menu in the phone’s Settings app.
- For that Go to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If you find any new software update on Galaxy S6 edge plus, you can hit the Download now button to start upgrading. Wait till the download process completes and your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software update on Galaxy S6 edge plus .
[su_note note_color=”#fcf8d7″ text_color=”#000000″]If you are manually downloading the latest G928VVRS3CRG1 July 2018 security patch then hang on to a strong Wi-Fi network. This will help you save your carrier data. Also, keep your phone battery on ample charge. If there is a low power, no update can take place. Alternatively, you can also manually download and install the OTA firmware on Verizon Galaxy S6 edge plus using ODIN Software. Below you can find the link to download the stock firmware and guide to install the software update.[/su_note]
- Device Name: Verizon Galaxy S6 edge plus
- Model: SM-G928V
- Baseband Version: G928VVRS3CRG1
- Security Patch Level: 01.07.2018
- Software: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 7.0 Nougat