Sprint Galaxy S7 received the latest Security Patch level software update. The update brings the phone to latest Google Security Patch level for January 2018. With this update, Sprint has labeled the software version to G930PVPS5BRA1 which brings a couple of improvements and bug fixes along with January 2018 Security patch. The update still based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
The software update is currently sent via OTA (Over the air) for users running the stock firmware. If you are rooted, then you are not eligible for upgrading to the latest OS via OTA.
You can check the software update manually by following the below information on How to check OTA update manually on Sprint Galaxy S7.
How to Update Software on Sprint Galaxy S7 manually?
Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone. You can tap the option titled “Download Updates Manually”. If the update is not available, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any modified firmware.
Before proceeding to download, make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you have enough storage to download and install the latest update on Sprint Galaxy S7 SM-G935P. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading August Security Patch for Samsung Galaxy S7. As this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
Table of Contents
Steps to Install G930PVPS5BRA1 January 2018 Security
In case if you have received the download link to the firmware G930PVPS5BRA1, then you can simply follow our guide to install manually. If not, download the full firmware download link and install it via ODIN Software.
Please note, before following manual setup, you should read the pre-requisites carefully.
Download Firmware Here
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software, firmware and drivers on your PC.
DOWNLOAD ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Check out this link to see if your phone will support Android 8.0 Oreo.
Samsung announced the list of Samsung devices updating to Android 8.0 Oreo.
If your phone model is not on the official device list, then you need not worry! Here is the list of Supported device to receive Lineage OS 15 based on Android Oreo.
You can also install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy S7 by following the steps given here.
Check Popular Post:
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices