Now Samsung started sending the October Security Patch update for their devices. Samsung Galaxy S7 (Verizon, Unlocked US) started receiving the latest October 2017 Security Patch update. This update comes with a build number of G930UUEU4BQJ5. With this update, Samsung has also fixed some of the bugs which are found in the earlier version.
The update is sent via OTA (Over the Air) and it will take a couple of days or weeks to reach your phone. To receive the OTA update on your phone, you must be running the Stock ROM on your phone. If you see any update with build number G930UUEU4BQJ5, then you can download it and install the OTA to enjoy October 2017 Security Patch on Galaxy S7 (Verizon, Unlocked US).
The update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat. This update is not a major upgrade for those who are running an earlier version. If you are too conscious about the security of your device and don’t want to compromise it, obviously, it’s a good news for you and you must install October security update for Galaxy S7 with build number G930UUEU4BQJ5.
Check out this link to see if your phone will support Android 8.0 Oreo.
Samsung announced the list of Samsung devices updating to Android 8.0 Oreo.
If your phone model is not on the official device list, then you need not worry! Here is the list of Supported device to receive Lineage OS 15 based on Android Oreo.
As already mentioned, the October Security Patch for Galaxy S7 has started rolling via OTA update, you will get this latest update if you haven’t rooted your device. In case If you haven’t received the update and need to download it, check out the below information.
Before proceeding with anything, make sure your device has enough storage space in it and it must have at least 50% battery. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. You can now start downloading to upgrade October Security patch on Galaxy S7. As this update is based on Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
In case you haven’t received the same, you can simply check for the update manually or can follow our guide on getting October Security Patch for Samsung Galaxy S7 (Verizon, Unlocked US) SM-G930U. Check out the below steps for October Security patch based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
This update is an incremental update with latest October Security Patch Update. So we recommend to update your device safe with October Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
Flash G930UUEU4BQJ5 October Security Nougat For Galaxy S7 SM-G930U
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Samsung Galaxy S7, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Nougat G930UUEU4BQJ5 For Samsung Galaxy S7.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Samsung Galaxy S7 to October Security Patch based Nougat manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S7 to Nougat OTA update.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy S7.
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S7
- How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy S7
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Galaxy S7
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Galaxy S7
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Galaxy S7
- install AOSP Android Oreo Update for Galaxy S7
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.0 for Galaxy S7.
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest October Security Patch update G930UUEU4BQJ5 on Galaxy S7.
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To October Security Patch Update.
DOWNLOAD ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop
- Remember: This guide is to Install October Security Patch Update on Galaxy S7 SM-G930U (G930UUEU4BQJ5).
- Your device must have 70% Battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your tablet.
Download Full Firmware for Verizon
Download Full Firmware for US Unlocked
I hope you followed the above full guide link to install October Security Patch Nougat on Galaxy S7 manually. If any queries or feedback, please write a comment to us.