December month is here! Verizon has started rolling December 2018 security patch for Galaxy S7 (SM-G930V). The update carries the build number G930VVRS8CRK2 which weighs almost 230MB in size via OTA.
The update is rolling out gradually in batches for Verizon Galaxy S7. If you feel that the software has delayed enough to show up, you can capture it manually. We have outlined the process below on how to upgrade your device to the new security level.
Given the rise of mobile malware and vulnerabilities, users need to keep their device updated to the new security patch as soon it goes live over the air.
Table of Contents
Firmware Details [ G930VVRS8CRK2 ]:
- Device Name: Verizon Galaxy S7 (SM-G930V)
- Model: SM-G930V
- Region: USA
- Baseband Version: G930VVRS8CRK2
- Security Patch Level: 01.12.2018
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
Check Software Update on Verizon Galaxy S7 (SM-G930V)
To do it,
- Go to your device Settings > System Update
- Now Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the update is available it will show up with the build number G930VVRS8CRK2
- Simply tap on Download and the process will begin.
- Post the installation you may have to restart your device to integrate the changes the new software brings.
Usually, software updates are large files, so grab it using Wi-Fi to save carrier data charges. Alternatively, we have put up the firmware which brings the Verizon Galaxy S7 December 2018 security patch. You can find the download link for the firmware and installation manual below.
How To Install December Security Patch on Galaxy S7 [Verizon]Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
We will have to use the Odin tool to install of the new firmware on the Verizon Galaxy S7. So, we have listed up the latest ODIN software in the download section along with the firmware download link.
Required Files and Drivers:
Here is the download link for the firmware.
Before installing you have to follow some guidelines and get some tools with you. We have put up the same in the Pre-requisite section.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- This firmware is exclusively for Galaxy S7 [Verizon]. Do not use it on other devices
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more.
- A PC or Laptop
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any incidental bricking/damage to your device while/after installing this firmware update. Follow the steps carefully.
Firmware Installation Guide
Here is the firmware flashing tutorial to guide you to install the latest G930VVRS8CRK2 software to complete stock on Verizon Galaxy S7 using the Odin Tool.Guide to install Stock firmware on any Samsung smartphone using Odin Video Guide to flash Stock Firmware on your device
So, make sure to get hold of this update and upgrade your Verizon Galaxy S7 to December security patch of Android. We hope this guide will help you out.