Samsung has started rolling out a new update to its Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935F) in the Europe region. It brings the latest September 2019 Android Security Patch level based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Currently, the update comes with a version number of G935FXXS6ESI4 for the Galaxy S7 Edge device. You can download and install G935FXXS6ESI4 firmware on Galaxy S7 Edge.
The latest September 2019 security patch comes with 04 critical Android OS vulnerabilities fixes and plenty of risk vulnerabilities (high and moderate) fixes. Additionally, Samsung has also offered patch for almost 17 vulnerabilities which were previously reported in Samsung’s own One UI. After updating to the latest version, all of these issues will be fixed completely. Though there is no other improvements or features added with this update. For more details about the security patch, click here.
The update is now live via OTA in Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more.
Check for OTA Updates Manually
If you’re using the Galaxy S7 Edge model and want to receive the update faster, check for OTA updates. Samsung is rolling out the OTA update in batches. Therefore, it may take some time to roll out completely. You can wait for the official OTA update automatic notification. Meanwhile, you can also check the update from the device manually. In order to do that, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Navigate to the phone Settings > System Update.
- Next, tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the September Security patch 2019 update available on your device, then tap on the Download button and Install the update.
Here are the latest firmware update details mentioned below which brings the Galaxy S7 Edge September 2019 security Patch.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935F)
- Model: SM-G935F
- Baseband Version: G935FXXS6ESI4
- Security Patch Level: 2019-09-01 (September)
- Region: Europe
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
Supported region: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more.
Steps to Install Galaxy S7 Edge September 2019 Security Patch
You need to follow the regular Stock firmware installation method using Samsung Odin Tool in order to install the firmware (G935FXXS6ESI4) on Galaxy S7 Edge in Europe. Follow the easy and full guide mentioned below along with all the pre-requirements and download links.
- The firmware update file is only for Galaxy S7 Edge model (SM-G935F). Don’t try it on other models.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least to reduce the occasional shutdown.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
- You have to download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Flash tool: Download ODIN Flash tool
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your computer.
- You will need to enter into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Find the Galaxy S7 Edge September 2019 Patch update download file link from below.
Instructions to install
Here in this guide, we have shared the full firmware installation steps which you can find from the link given below. In order to install Samsung Stock Firmware, you will require Odin Flash Tool.Guide to Install Samsung Stock ROM via Odin Flash Tool
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide to Flash Stock ROM on any Samsung Device using Odin Tool
Hope this guide will be helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed the latest update (G935FXXS6ESI4) on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935F) device in Europe region. If you have any queries, you can ask in the comments below.