Updated: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in the UK received build number G935FXXS8ETC1 which brings March 2020 security patch level. The update is now live for the United Kingdom region.
Updated: Samsung also rolled another build number of G935FXXS8ETC2 to Galaxy S7 Edge which brings March 2020 security patch level. The update is now live for the France region.
Samsung rolled a bug fix update which also bumps the security patch level of the Galaxy S7 Edge to March 2020 based on Android 8.0 Oreo. As we speak, the update is rolling via OTA with build number G935FXXS8ETC3 which makes its way to the European region. We already covered March 2020 patch to Galaxy S7 Edge in other regions, you can check that as well.
With the latest Android security patch level, Samsung has fixed the one critical vulnerability in addition to dozens of high and moderate risk vulnerabilities in the Android OS. We recommend you to upgrade your device to this latest security patch of build number G935FXXS8ETC3. To receive this update, make sure whether you are running the latest iteration. You can always manually check for the OTA update by going into Settings on your Galaxy S7 Edge.
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update on your Galaxy S7 Edge?
If you want to install the G935FXXS8ETC3 March 2020 update, then go into settings –> System > System Updates. If you have any update, then you will see a new screen with the software details. You can hit the download now button to confirm the update process.
Ensure that your phone should be charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network as well.
If there is no update, then you can manually download and install the Samsung firmware on your Galaxy S7 Edge. Well, OTA rollout is a phase-wise manner, it may take a week or months to complete the update process. So patience is important.
Firmware Info: G935FXXS8ETC3
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935F)
- Region: Europe
- Build Number: G935FXXS8ETC3 (Europe) / G935FXXS8ETC2 (France) / G935FXXS8ETC1 (UK)
- Android OS Version: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-03-01
- Supported Countries: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Macedonia, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Croatia, Bulgaria, South East Europe, Bosnia, and more other regions
How to Install Firmware on Galaxy S7 Edge
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G935FXXS8ETC3) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the March 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy S7 Edge model with build number G935FXXS8ETC3. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.