Today T-Mobile started rolling a new update for their Galaxy S7 Edge with security patch upgraded to August 2018. The update comes with build number G935TUVU4CRI2 and weighs almost 210MB in size based on Android 8.0 Oreo. With this update, Samsung has also fixed security bugs and vulnerabilities found in the earlier version. You can now upgrade to August 2018 Security patch on T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge.
The update is currently rolling via OTA for T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge users and will soon start rolling the same build number globally. You can manually check for the software update on your phone. To check, you can follow our instructions below. You should receive the build number G935TUVU4CRI2 to enjoy August 2018 Security patch. To install this update, you must be running on the previous stock firmware.
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update on T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge?
If your device is not able to get the update automatically via air, then you can manually check for the same.
- Go to device Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If there is any new software update then hit the Download button to start downloading the software on your Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Wait till the download completes and then tap on Install update to flash the new software.
- As the installation process completes your T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge will reboot.
Details of the Firmware :
- Device Name: T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge
- Model: SM-G935T
- Software Version: G935TUVU4CRI2
- Security Patch Level: 01.08.2018
- Software: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
Download Firmware HereDownload Full Firmware
Steps to Install G935TUVU4CRI2 on T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge
If you have not received the update, then download the firmware and follow the below steps to install the firmware on your device.
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Ensure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge [SM-G935T]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something wrong.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
As mentioned above you need to have the ODIN tool, latest firmware, and the required device. Below we have put up the tutorial that you can follow and manually flash the latest August firmware on Galaxy S7 Edge.
I hope this guide was useful to install the build number G935TUVU4CRI2 on T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge.