Samsung is trying to maintain excellence in terms of providing faster & frequent software updates to its eligible devices from last year. Now, the company is trying to deliver the latest February 2020 security patch to the Galaxy S8 which came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. So, all the Galaxy S8 users should rejoice as you can download February 2020 security patch with the software version G950FXXS7DTA6 from this full guide.
It’s worth mentioning that this update is currently live in the Europe region and will soon be available to other countries as well. As the title suggests, the February 2020 security patch brings system security and performance as well. Now, all the Galaxy S8 variant users can check for the OTA update from their devices as the update will arrive in batches. Currently, it is available to download for Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, and Bosnia
Check for Software Updates
Head over to the device Settings menu >> tap on System >> tap on System Updates. Then press Check for Updates option and the system will search for the latest available software updates.
If available, you should download and install the update. Keep in mind that you must charge your phone above 50% and you must have a working Wi-Fi or faster cellular connectivity. Now, take a look at the firmware details below.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F)
- Region: Europe
- Build Number: G950FXXS7DTA6
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-02-01
- Supported Countries: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, and Bosnia
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S8
Now, if you want to manually install the firmware file on your Samsung Galaxy handset then you will need to use the ODIN flash tool. But before heading over to the guide, let’s follow the requirements at first along with download links.
- This G950FXXS7DTA6 firmware version is for the Galaxy S8 variant.
- Keep your device charged more than 50% minimum.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Take a full backup before doing anything.
Firmware Installation Guide
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the firmware installation steps.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide helpful and installed or updated the latest security patch on your Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F).