After rolling the Android 8.0 Oreo beta program for selected users with Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus just last week. Today Samsung started rolling the second beta Oreo firmware for Galaxy S8 SM-G950F. The update comes with build number G950FXXU1ZQK4. Now you can enjoy the latest Oreo beta update on Galaxy S8.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) and sent in a phase-wise manner. It is rolling in UK region at present. If you already running the Oreo beta build on Galaxy S8, then you will soon receive the OTA update on your phone running Stock Firmware. In case if you have rooted, then you won’t receive the OTA update with build number G950FXXU1ZQK4 second Oreo firmware on Galaxy S8. In case if you not received then you can install the update manually by following this guide below.
According to Sammobile report, the new updated version carries several new features and improvements. In this build, Samsung has fixed the issue with Samsung Launcher and Samsung DeX interface. It also added a new clock themes to the Always On display feature.
Download and Install G950FXXU1ZQK4 Oreo Beta 2 Firmware for Galaxy S8 SM-G950F
The latest Oreo Beta 2 firmware weighs almost 1.5GB in size which comes with all latest Oreo features and Samsung updates. After updating the Oreo Beta 2 firmware, you will notice new improved version of Oreo along with October Security Patch update.
Before proceeding with anything, make sure your device has enough storage space in it and it must have at least 50% battery. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. You can now start downloading to upgrade August Security patch on Galaxy Tab S2 VE 8.0 LTE. As this update is based on Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
In case you haven’t received the same, you can simply check the update manually:
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 8.0 Oreo. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Samsung Galaxy S8 to Oreo Update manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S8 to Oreo OTA update.
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest October Security Patch update G950FXXU1ZQK4 on Galaxy S8
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To October Security Patch Update.
Download Drivers and ODIN:
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software: CLICK HERE.
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers: CLICK HERE.
- Click to Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop: CLICK HERE.