Today Samsung USA started seeding a new firmware update for Unlocked USA Galaxy S8 SM-G950U. The update comes with build number G950U1UEU1AQH3 with August Security Patch for Unlocked USA Galaxy S8. Along with this update, Samsung also fixed the regular bugs and also made other improvements to the system and performance. The firmware is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
Check Related Post:
- How to Fix Galaxy S8 Plus black screen and blue blinking lights issue
- How to Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S8 in Safe mode
- How to Enable USB Debugging on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- How to Enable Developer Options in your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- Best Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Official Android 8.0 Oreo Update
- A guide to Adjust DPI of Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
In this latest security maintenance, Samsung has fixed vulnerabilities in their own software and also included the fix from Google’s own security update with more than two dozen Android OS vulnerabilities. Along with August Security Patch for Unlocked USA Galaxy S8, this build also carries the regular bug fixes and improvements. The update has been sent via OTA (Over the air) for all the Unlocked USA Galaxy S8 users who are running Stock ROM without any root or mods installed. This OTA will work only on any stock firmware based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
If you are looking to safeguard your phone’s personal data and information from malware, then we recommend installing the G950U1UEU1AQH3 August Security Update For Unlocked USA Galaxy S8. If you are running the Stock ROM without any root, then you may receive the update on your phone anytime soon. The update is sent in a Phase wise manner to all the Galaxy S8 users. If you have received the OTA update on your phone notification with build number G950U1UEU1AQH3. Before you download, Please make sure you have enough storage space, Stable and fast Wi-Fi connection, and also charge your phone to at least 50% of battery. Once you have all this, you can hit the download button to start upgrading your phone. As this OTA is all about August Security Patch, it shouldn’t take long for it to download. So make sure to Backup your device before downloading and upgrading G950U1UEU1AQH3 August Security Patch For Unlocked USA Galaxy S8.
This update is an incremental update with latest August Security Patch Update. So we recommend to update your device safe with August Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
Table of Contents
Flash G950U1UEU1AQH3 August Security Patch For Unlocked USA Galaxy S8 SM-G950U
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Samsung Galaxy S8, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Nougat G950U1UEU1AQH3 For Samsung Galaxy S8.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Unlocked USA Galaxy S8 to August Security Patch based Nougat manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Unlocked USA Galaxy S8 to Nougat OTA update.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy S8.
What’s in Android 7.0 Nougat and features?
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S8
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy S8
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Galaxy S8
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Galaxy S8
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Galaxy S8
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest August Security Patch update G950U1UEU1AQH3 on Unlocked USA Galaxy S8.
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To August Security Patch Update.
Supported Carriers are:
- Bluegrass Cellular (LRA)
- Nextech / C-Spire (ACG)
- Sprint (CDMA) (SPR)
- Tracfone (TFN)
- USA (USC) – US Cellular
- USA (AT&T) (ATT)
- USA (T-Mobile) (TMB)
- USA (Verizon) (VZW)
- Virgin Mobile USA (VMU)
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED:
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software: CLICK HERE.
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers: CLICK HERE.
- Click to Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop: CLICK HERE.
- Remember: This guide is to Install August Security Patch Update on Unlocked USA Galaxy S8 (G950U1UEU1AQH3 ).
- Your device must have 70% Battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data).
- You need to Enter Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
I hope you followed the above full guide link to install August Security Patch for Unlocked USA Galaxy S8 manually. If any queries or feedbacks, please write a comment to us.