Today Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus received the October 2020 security patch with software build number G955FXXSBDTJ1. This update is based on Android 9.0 Pie and brings nothing new except the security patch fixes.
According to folks at Sammobile, this update fixes the five critical-risk vulnerabilities found in the Android OS, along with dozens of moderate and high-risk vulnerabilities. It also fixes 21 vulnerabilities discovered in Samsung’s software.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy S8 Plus:
You will get this software update on your Galaxy S8 Plus as an OTA (over the air). If you haven’t received it yet, then check for the OTA update manually by following this:
Settings > Software Update > Tap on Download and Install if you find the new build number G955FXXSBDTJ1.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy S8 Plus and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (SM-G955F)
- Region: Global
- Build Number: G955FXXSBDTJ1
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-10-01
How to Install October 2020 Patch on Galaxy S8 Plus
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G955FXXSBDTJ1) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC
- Make sure to download the new firmware and move it to the desktop
- Open the ODIN and select the firmware file to flash it.
- To know the process, read our guide on how to flash Samsung firmware using Odin
- Also, check out our video tutorial.
I hope this guide was helpful to install the October 2020 security patch (G955FXXSBDTJ1) on Galaxy S8 Plus.