Verizon started seeding the latest security patch update with build number G955USQU1AQK3 for Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus. The update brings the Security Patch level to October 2017. Now install G955USQU1AQK3 October Security update for Galaxy S8 Plus. The firmware is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
The latest update is sent via OTA (Over the Air). It is rolling in a phase-wise manner and it will take a couple of days or weeks to reach your phone. If you are running Stock ROM, then you may receive the update anytime soon. In case if you see the update for the latest October Security Patch with build number G955USQU1AQK3, then you can download it and install the OTA.
Earlier we had shared the Krack WiFi Security fix for Galaxy S8 Plus, this version also includes the Krack WiFi Security fix.
In this update, Verizon has fixed the most of the security vulnerabilities and bugs found in the earlier version. You need not worry about anything about vulnerabilities that often degrade or limit Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus performance. If you are too conscious about the security of your device and don’t want to compromise it, obviously, it’s a good news for you and you must install October security update for Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus with build number G955USQU1AQK3.
As already mentioned, the October Security Patch for Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus has started rolling out via OTA update, you will get this latest update if you haven’t rooted your device. If you have received the update and need to download it, check out the below information.
Before proceeding with anything, make sure your device has enough storage space in it and it must have at least 50% battery. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. You can now start downloading to upgrade October Security patch on Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus. As this update is based on Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
In case you haven’t received the same, you can simply check for the update manually or can follow our guide on getting October Security Patch for Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G950U. Check out the below steps for October Security patch based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
This update is an incremental update with latest October Security Patch Update. So we recommend to update your device safe with October Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
Flash G955USQU1AQK3 October Security Nougat For Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G950U
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Nougat G955USQU1AQK3 For Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus to October Security Patch based Nougat manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus to Nougat OTA update.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus.
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus
- How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus
- install AOSP Android Oreo Update for Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.0 for Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus.
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest October Security Patch update G955USQU1AQK3 on Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus.
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To October Security Patch Update.
REQUIRED ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software.
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers.
- Click to Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop
- Remember: This guide is to Install October Security Patch Update on Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G950U (G955USQU1AQK3).
- Your device must have 70% Battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your tablet.
I hope you followed the above full guide link to install October Security Patch Nougat on Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus manually. If any queries or feedback, please write a comment to us.