In this article, we have shared the December 2020 security patch update for Galaxy S8 Plus with build number G955USQU8DUA2. The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie and brings no major changes except security patches and bug fixes. This update is now live in the USA for carriers like T-Mobile and AT&T.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. If you have a Galaxy S8 Plus with variant SM-G955U, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to December 2020 with build number G955USQU8DUA2.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy S8 Plus:
If you have not received the notification to upgrade your firmware to G955USQU8DUA2, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new update, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy S8 Plus and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (SM-G955U)
- Region: USA
- Build Number: G955USQU8DUA2
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-12-01
- Supported Carriers: T-Mobile and AT&T
How to Install December 2020 Security Patch on Galaxy S8 Plus
Before jumping into the firmware flashing process, ensure to check out the requirements, and download links. You’ll require to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware flash file, and drivers on your computer. Let’s take a look.
- This stock firmware (G955USQU8DUA2) is only applicable for the Galaxy S8 Plus model (US Carriers).
- Keep your device charged up to 50% to avoid occasional shut down during the firmware flashing process.
- A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable will require.
- Make sure to a full data backup before flashing the software on your device.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Do the manual flashing process at your own risk. Taking a full data backup is always recommended.
- G955USQU8DUA2 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC
- ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy S8 Plus stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve now successfully installed the latest December 2020 security patch (G955USQU8DUA2) on your Galaxy S8 Plus (US Carriers). Have some queries? Let us know in the comment section below.