Samsung started sending a new update for Galaxy S9 with model no SM-G960F. The update upgrades the device to January 2018 Security patch with build number G960FXXU1ARB3. With this update, Samsung has fixed the latest security flaws to keep your device safe from hackers, virus, and malware. The update is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo. So we recommend you to install G960FXXU1ARB3 January 2018 Security Patch update on Samsung Galaxy S9.
Samsung Galaxy S9 is a dual SIM smartphone launched in February 2018. The phone comes with a 5.80-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2960 pixels. It runs on 1.7 GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 9810 processor and 4 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. This device packs a 64 GB of expandable internal storage. Galaxy S9 brings a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
The update is rolling over the air and it is sent in a phase-wise manner. To receive this OTA, you must be running Stock firmware without root. You can even flash the full firmware package from below download link even if you are rooted or installed any custom ROM.
In case if you have already received the update with build number G960FXXU1ARB3, then hit the download button to start the installation process. If not, then you can follow the below instruction to check the OTA update manually.
How to Update Software on Galaxy S9 manually?
Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
If you have any new update on your device, then you can tap the button “Download Updates Manually”. If the update is not available, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any modified firmware.
Before proceeding to download, your phone must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you have enough storage to download and install the latest update on Galaxy S9 SM-G960F. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading January 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy S9. As this update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
Table of Contents
Steps to Install G960FXXU1ARB3 January 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy S9 manually:
Still not received the update, then don’t worry. The update is available to download and install using latest ODIN Software. Here we will share the full download of G960FXXU1ARB3 January 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy S9. This guide is to install G960FXXU1ARB3 January 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy S9.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy S9.
Required ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
How to update via ODIN Software
Here we have shared the full firmware download link with ODIN drivers and software to install G960FXXU1ARB3 January 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy S9. To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC.
Check Related Post:
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices
I hope you followed the above full guide link to install G960FXXU1ARB3 January 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy S9 manually. If any queries or feedback, please write a comment to us.