Today Samsung rolled the latest Google Security Patch update for March 2018 for both Galaxy S9 and S9+ with build number G960FXXU1ARC6 / G965FXXU1ARC6. The update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and currently rolling via OTA for few selected region. With this update, Samsung has fixed critical vulnerabilities that were discovered in the AndroidOS aside from countless moderate-risk and high-risk vulnerabilities. As per the record, Samsung also fixed their own software vulnerabilities.
The rollout is gradual, it may take some time to reach every user around the globe. So you can either wait for the software update to hit your phone or you can manually upgrade your phone to this latest build G960FXXU1ARC6 / G965FXXU1ARC6 using our manual guide.
Samsung Galaxy S9 is a dual SIM smartphone launched in February 2018. The phone comes with a 5.80-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2960 pixels. It runs on 1.7 GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 9810 processor and 4 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. This device packs a 64 GB of expandable internal storage. Galaxy S9 brings a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
If you are running Stock ROM with roots or mods, then your OTA update may fail. You can manually upgrade to G960FXXU1ARC6 / G965FXXU1ARC6 build on Galaxy S9 and S9+ (SM-A530F) by following the below instructions to upgrade via ODIN Downloader.
Still not received the OTA update? Then follow the below instruction to check for new OTA update on your phone.
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy S9 and S9+ SM-A530F?
- In your phone, tap the Menu Key > Open Settings > Tap on About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. Once the download complete, your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK.That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]Before proceeding to download, Galaxy S9 and S9+ must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also to install this update, make sure you have enough storage on your device to complete the installation process. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading March 2018 Security for Galaxy S9 and S9+ (SM-A530F). As this update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
Table of Contents
Steps to Install G960FXXU1ARC6 / G965FXXU1ARC6 on Galaxy S9 and S9+ manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Galaxy S9 and S9+.
Required ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to G960FXXU1ARC6 / G965FXXU1ARC6 on Galaxy S9 and S9+ SM-A530F.
I hope this guide was helpful to install a new software update on your device.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices